"manager" strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"manager" strategy

Is it possible to write a strategy that tracks and/or manages what my other strategies are doing?

What I would like to do is put certain utility-like functions in one strategy so that they don't have to be coded again and again into each individual trading strategy.

For example, if I want an email each time any strategy's order fills, could I do that?
    Or if I want an email anytime my entire portfolio's P&L targets/stops are hit?
    or if I want to have this manager strategy close down all trading once P&L targets are hit
    It could also be useful to have this as a way of limiting total tradeable capital, if for example I don't want to exceed a certain degree of total leverage at any one time.

novamatic,

Generally strategies are all kept independent, but I suppose it would be possible to do what you say. Unfortunately this is unsupported functionality so I would be unable to assist.

You can code some elements into the "UserDefinedFunctions" .cs file and then access it as well from various strategies.

It is possible to send emails, etc. from a single strategy. Let me know if you would like more information on that.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
    1 response
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
    4 responses