Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical data

Hello,

2 short questions referring historical data please, as I couldn´t find an answer in the forum:

* when connecting with Sim-license to Kinetick-datafeed, when is end-of-day data in the charts then? today, on Sunday Feb. 24th I have connected but I only have prices from Feb 22th but not Feb 23th and Feb 24th (both days my computer was off)

* with live-license how do I have access to NT historical data servers? For my surprise the charts are updated with prices even when I´m connected "only" with external data feed - that doesn´t provice historical data. So, how NT gets the data with live-license when I´m only connect to external datafeed without historical data?

Thank you and best regards
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your post.

1.) If you right click in this chart and select the 'Reload All Historical Data' button, does the missing data appear?

2.) Access to NinjaTrader historical data servers is available through Zen-Fire, GAIN/Forex.com and CQG based accounts - that said, that data is available with the free version of NinjaTrader as well.

3.) Frankly, I'm not sure where the data you're seeing via the External Data Feed connection would be coming from. This connection, in essence, 'listens' for any data which is streaming on the PC but at this time is used nearly exclusively to connect to TradeStation. Are you using any other platforms or viewing data in some way on the PC currently?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for you reply.

I have no other platform on the pc.

Once again please: in my previous question I was answered that the reason why I have historical data in my charts even for the days when PC was off is the license (as I have the historical data on my Pc with live-license but not the one with SIM).

"
      Thank you for your emails Tony - I looked into and that would be expected for the different license keys used, for your live license you have access to the NT historical data servers to backfill the data from.

"

This is all OK. I just want to know now please "how come the historical data to my PC then". I have no other platform and I have only connected to external datafeed - on both computers (so there is no difference with the broker or the account).

Does NinjaTrader load some data when working with live-license? Which one?

Thank you.

Best regards
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi Tony,

Thanks for your post.

1.) If you right click in this chart and select the 'Reload All Historical Data' button, does the missing data appear?

2.) Access to NinjaTrader historical data servers is available through Zen-Fire, GAIN/Forex.com and CQG based accounts - that said, that data is available with the free version of NinjaTrader as well.

3.) Frankly, I'm not sure where the data you're seeing via the External Data Feed connection would be coming from. This connection, in essence, 'listens' for any data which is streaming on the PC but at this time is used nearly exclusively to connect to TradeStation. Are you using any other platforms or viewing data in some way on the PC currently?

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me via email - Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com so that I may review the other case.

In your note, please include a link to this forum thread. Thanks!
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes