Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem! chart is one bar ahead in time

Hi

i got NT 7 latest version just downloaded with esignal feed. Connection works fine.

But ive got a strange problem. When i display a chart eg eurusd, is always one bar ahead in time no matter the Timeframe the chart is. For eg lets say the time is 12:30GMT and at an 1H chart the very last bar (on the right side of the chart) time is 13:00 instead of 12:00.
    Also the chart is by one bar ahead (to the right) from any indicator i place below the chart.

Any solutions/ideas on that?

Thanks

Athan

Hello Athan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum.

The time stamp for a bar is the time that the bar will close, in this case a 60 minute bar will close on the hour, if it is 12:30 the bar will close at 13:00.

Indicators can be set to calculate on bar close or not. If this setting is set to true, NinjaTrader will only calculate the indicator's value on the close of a bar. If false, NinjaTrader will calculate the indicator's value with each incoming tick.
    To set this parameter right click within your chart > select Indicators > select the indicator you wish to change > change the Calculate On Bar Close setting to False.

For information on working with indicators please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

thanks for your quick answer.

that solved my question. I m used to MT4 platform where candles are time based on the open of the bar but thats fine. I ll get used to it since htere is no way to change it.

Comment

This is, however a strange way to do it, since almost all other platforms' candles start at the current time and finish at the end of the period. I mainly use Ninjatrader, but do have to use other platforms as well, for a variety of reasons and it makes it confusing to have to reassess all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by crowther View Post
          This is, however a strange way to do it, since almost all other platforms' candles start at the current time and finish at the end of the period. I mainly use Ninjatrader, but do have to use other platforms as well, for a variety of reasons and it makes it confusing to have to reassess all the time.
          In NT you see the prices ahead of everyone. lol

Comment

Unfortunately this is the way NinjaTrader time stamps its price bars. It is not possible to time stamp price bars using the opening time in NinjaTrader.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SnailHorn, Today, 08:38 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post SnailHorn  
            Started by giulyko00, Today, 11:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes