Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM not Working When Live

Hello,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I'm doing simulated trading or using the "Simulated Data Feed" to check my ATM strategies, it works perfectly and automatically triggers the ATM strategy I select, but when I enter a trade live, my ATM strategy does NOT get triggered. The trade itself gets entered, but no targets and no stops from the ATM. Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi RookieTrader,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred. Let us know as well what date and time you attempted to submit live trades with an ATM strategy applied.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following forum thread in the body of the message:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello RyanM,

I can send the log and trace files, but I haven't traded this week. It was ever day last week. Does that matter. If not, I'll send the files now. Also I didn't record the exact times I put on the trades. If you can tell me how I can retrieve that data and I can retrieve it for you.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi RookieTrader,

The files sent via the Help > Mail to Support function should include those logs as well. Thanks for double-checking; we'll look for your email.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The message has been sent.

Comment

I have one more question also. I watched a video on YouTube where a NinjaTrader user was using the Market Replay to tally simulated trading profits to get an idea of how he would do in live trading. Ninjatrader accumulated the profit/loss net tally for the day's (replay) session and it would appear where the "PnL" label is in the SuperDOM. Currently, when I set up replay session trades, it only shows "0.00" before, during and after the replay session. Can anyone direct me to instructions on how to set this up?

Regards

Comment

Yes, you can set Show RealizedPnL to true in the Superdom's Right Click > Properties screen.

Comment

Hello RyanM,

I actually tried that already, but the PnL is still showing "0.00". I also tried it again just now with the same result before and after the trade was entered. Is there some other setting that I need to change?.

Comment

Is it the realized PnL for the market replay account you're wondering about? This will show while you're connected and making trades to it, but once you disconnect it's a new replay session essentially. You can use the account performance feature to get more detailed performance reporting on the replay account, but realized PnL on DOM is tied to the replay session you're currently running.

Comment

I found the problem. I had the "AT Interface" enabled. When I unchecked it, the PnL appeared.

Thanks for your help with this RyanM

Comment

Originally posted by RookieTrader View Post
                      Hello,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I'm doing simulated trading or using the "Simulated Data Feed" to check my ATM strategies, it works perfectly and automatically triggers the ATM strategy I select, but when I enter a trade live, my ATM strategy does NOT get triggered. The trade itself gets entered, but no targets and no stops from the ATM. Please advise.

Thanks.
                      Hello,

Was a resolution ever found for the original post? If not, can someone give suggestions on how to fix or a work-around?

Comment

You reported as fixed earlier in this thread. If it is not fixed, can you please let us know answers to these questions:

Is it the realized PnL for the market replay account you're wondering about? This will show while you're connected and making trades to it, but once you disconnect it's a new replay session essentially. You can use the account performance feature to get more detailed performance reporting on the replay account, but realized PnL on DOM is tied to the replay session you're currently running.

Comment

RyanM,

There were 2 issues: one was about the ATM strategies not triggering and I had a secondary inquiry about the PnL not displaying. I found the resolution for the PnL display issue, but not for the ATM strategies not triggering.
                          Can you look into this please?

Comment

I resent the log and trace files if you need them.

Comment

I see. Thanks, will look for the log files here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DanielTynera  
                              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes