NT, IB and PC Times Out of Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT, IB and PC Times Out of Sync

After updating to NT 7 the time stamps on my IB fills became 30 minutes in the future. The PC time and time zone are correct (GMT-5 Eastern Time.) IB support claims that Java or NT is causing the IB time to be 30 minutes fast. I'm at a loss and would greatly appreciate some assistance. Please see additional info below.

NT receives IB data and plots price charts with correct PC time, however, when I request NT to reload historical data the price chart bar times change to 30 minutes later than the bars plotted originally.

IB TWS (Build 923.8a, Feb 8, 2012 6:00:54 PM ) server time in lower right corner of IB screen is 30 minutes ahead, i.e., same as order fill time stamps.

The operating system is Windows XP Professional ver. 2002 SP3.
    The NT version is 7.0.1000.9.

Please let me know how I can get the time synchronized between the PC, IB fills and NT charts.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello upatick,
    Thanks for writing in and I am happy to assist you.

The current supported TWS is version 921. Please make sure you are using TWS version 921. You can download TWS version 921 from here http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_921_5.exe

For the complete NinjaTrader Interactive Broker connection guide please refer here

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Joydeep for responding so quickly.

I completely forgot to check the the TWS version supported when I upgraded to NT 7. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Comment

Hello upatick,
        To connect NinjaTrader with Interactive Broker please do make sure:

You are using the latest version of NinjaTrader (the current version is 7.0.1000.9). You can get the information from, in Control Center menu bar go to Help>About and look for the version info at the top. If you are not using the latest version please download it from here http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please make sure you are using TWS version 921. You can download TWS version 921 from here http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_921_5.exe

Once you have the compatible version installed, you need to make an account connection in NinjaTrader and configure TWS. To do it please follow the steps as mentioned here

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes