Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data folder location

Greetings all:
    I'm new to NT7, just installed it and trying to load some tick forex historical data into it, before doing so, I'd like to know where's the location of the historical data folder and if I can change it. The reason is I have 2 partitions and D is where my data are located and I would like to put all my data into D in case C crashed and I still have my D intact, another reason is I have limited space on my C drive.

Can someone please tell me if this is possible and if so, how?

Thanks for your comment/suggestion
    Michael

Hello michaelbr,

Thanks for your post.

Historical data is retained within the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > DB > Cache folder. Unfortunately, it is not possible to redirect this to any other location currently though a change is something that development is looking in to.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Comment

Solution

Well I have already answered this question today

Anyway - you can simply relocate your entire My Documents drive to another drive (eg D)

Just follow the instructions:

Comment

Thanks gregid for your reply, but this is not exactly the solution I was looking for, your solution is to backup the DB to another location, as I said in my original post, my C does not have lot of space, therefore I was trying to use D as my storage location for historical data, it seems this feature is not available at this moment and will be implemented in future release.

Comment

Relocate NOT Backup

Originally posted by michaelbr View Post
            Thanks gregid for your reply, but this is not exactly the solution I was looking for, your solution is to backup the DB to another location, as I said in my original post, my C does not have lot of space, therefore I was trying to use D as my storage location for historical data, it seems this feature is not available at this moment and will be implemented in future release.
            No, that's not what I am saying. I didn't suggest any back up at all. I suggested that your entire My Documents move to a different location. Since all the NT data is stored in Documents folder anyway - it doesn't matter where the Documents are located. When NT will start it will point simply to the D drive for all its data. NT doesn't care where Documents are located - it may be C,D or X drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gregid View Post
              No, that's not what I am saying. I didn't suggest any back up at all. I suggested that your entire My Documents move to a different location. Since all the NT data is stored in Documents folder anyway - it doesn't matter where the Documents are located. When NT will start it will point simply to the D drive for all its data. NT doesn't care where Documents are located - it may be C,D or X drive.
              Thanks gregid, I'll take a look at your instructions and check how it's done. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

That is correct there is not an option to redirect this information to another location however you can relocate the Documents to another location as gregid mentioned.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

relocate the Documents

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                  That is correct there is not an option to redirect this information to another location however you can relocate the Documents to another location as gregid mentioned.
                  Please help the "computer challenged" to do this "folder re-locate".
                  Thanks

Comment

Hello mitchbw,
                    Please see the following publicly available link on how to change the location of the (My) Documents folder. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310147
                    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes