Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lifetime license for single broker and subscription fees

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the move from my backtesting to deploying live. For some reason I can find anywhere that described simply the different approaches available and how this relates to existing licenses, etc.

Specifically, I already have a lifetime license for NT, and I think it's single broker, although at the time when I purchased this many years ago, i'm not even sure about the multi-broker thing, so perhaps i do have that...
    In any case, I'm confused when I look at different brokers, they say I need to pay a subscription of (eg $50 / month for ninja to submit orders, or something....
    Is this correct??

Can someone explain to me a typical setup and what I should and shouldn't be paying.

I'm looking into good data feed (eg: CQG) and fast broker for execution (if there's any suggestions about this, then I'd appreciate any comments or redirects to suitable links; :maybe zenfire - info on what this is and how it fits in would be good also).

thanks and sorry if the questions seem a little silly

Hello PolarBear,

If you like to trade live, you will need to enter your live license key at Control Center-->Help-->License Key. Subsequently connect to the broker technology that your broker uses with NinjaTrader (you receive login credentials from your broker). Once connected, please disable 'Global Simulation Mode' at Control Center-->File and you will be able to select your live account in NinjaTrader and trade it.

Once you have your live license key entered, please go to Control Center-->Help-->About. It will list what broker technology is setup for this license. If you see all supported broker technologies, you have a multi broker license.

You can lease a license key as well instead of purchasing the lifetime license. You would pay $50 per month for an annual subscription.

A list of supported broker partners can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

So I can see all brokers in the Help-> about window.

Does this mean I do not have to pay subscription of $50 to brokers as many say on their sites.

I know my post was long-winded, but you didn't really get to the bottom of what I was asking. I wanted to know more details about how the whole thing end to end is set up.

Let's say for example I have a live account with AMP, I have cqg data connected (aready set that up).
      Do I have to pay any other subscription fees per month, given the above, how I have a full lifetime license with multi broker support?

Please also advise how zenfire fits in, or about the connections I need for the strategy to execute orders (or is this through the same CQG feed provided by AMP -- i just signed up for a demo trial on that tonight to test things).

thanks again

Comment

Yes, it would indicate you have a multi broker lifetime license key, so you do not have to lease NinjaTrader.

"Let's say for example I have a live account with AMP, I have cqg data connected (aready set that up).
        Do I have to pay any other subscription fees per month, given the above, how I have a full lifetime license with multi broker support?"

You do not have to pay any other subscription fees.

"Please also advise how zenfire fits in, or about the connections I need for the strategy to execute orders (or is this through the same CQG feed provided by AMP -- i just signed up for a demo trial on that tonight to test things)."

Zen-Fire can be disregarded if you are going to use CQG. Both are broker technologies that Amp Futures supports with NinjaTrader.

Comment

gaps in cqg futures data

Thanks for the clarification - it's making more sense now.

So CQG only offers futures (not FX). I left a chart open overnight to check out the feed.
          I've attached a chart from this. I had the chart set on 1 tick data, then changed the chart to 10 minute to review.
          As you can see in the attached there's lots of gaps, etc.

Is this typical for AUDUSD futures (M6A) ?
          or is there an issue with the connection, or perhaps a limitation with the demo feed?

thanks again
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure that you're using the correct symbol - by default, AUD futures would typically load with the symbol '6A'. Do you see similar results with that symbol?
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

this is the mini futures contract of the 6A, ie: M6A

Comment

Hello PolarBear,

When I create such a chart on my end, I load the same data (see screenshot). It is typical for the micro AUDUSD futures - it is not that volatile.
                Attached Files

Comment

okay thanks, so the screenshots appear the same. I guess i just wasn't expecting that many gaps in the price action

thanks
                  pb

Comment

Can I use my live time key for a (free) Swap?

Today I received the details of my new Mirus-Dorman live account.
                    When defining the ZenFire connection, I can not choose Zenfire in the selection menu.
                    I have a NinjaTrader environment with a live time key (is currently being used in conjunction with IB data feed). So I do not need new key, as far as I understand.
                    If I try to define Mirus ZenFire connection, ZenFire does not appear in the selection menu.

If a different key is required for Zenfire (it looks that way)
                    Can I trade in my live time key for a (free) Swap?

Comment

Hello,

Please send an email to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your current license key. They will be able to re-generate your key to work with Zen-Fire. Please note that this will disable Interactive Brokers. If you'd like to proceed, they will be able to do this for you at no cost.

If you intend on using both IB and Zen-Fire, you would need to upgrade to a multi-broker license key. Our sales team will be able to help you with either of these requests.
                      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post zstheorist  
                      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                      8 responses
                      0 likes