Stretching charts and dot on bar close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretching charts and dot on bar close

Hi, I just started to use NT´s charting feature (this week) even thought i have had it for 1.5 years. is there some way to stretch the charts more than seems possible right now with the settings as installed. In tradestation i can stretch indefinatly in both x,y direction. Also i am used to see the close on the bars as a dot that can be colored and resized i cant se any bar setting for that or if there are any indicators written for that. I trade on 110tick ER2 chart and reversal bar patterns are easier to spot if I clearly can se were the bar closed .

Can you elaborate what you mean by stretching? On the y axis, you can't shrinking the bar sizes any further than the default although you can grow it.

There is no indicator that marks the close.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Really i want to be able to grow it much more than what seems possible and aswell be able to scroll down or up 10 points without rezing the bars just moving the chart around even if the bars get out of workspace view. I draw support and resistance levels on my 110 tick chart from other time frames manually. Actually its called background dragging in tradestation.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, I will add this as a suggestion to our list of future possible enhancements.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by MatsB View Post
          Hi, I just started to use NT´s charting feature (this week) even thought i have had it for 1.5 years. is there some way to stretch the charts more than seems possible right now with the settings as installed. In tradestation i can stretch indefinatly in both x,y direction. Also i am used to see the close on the bars as a dot that can be colored and resized i cant se any bar setting for that or if there are any indicators written for that. I trade on 110tick ER2 chart and reversal bar patterns are easier to spot if I clearly can se were the bar closed .
          I need that indicator too, and I think it is a few line code. Just simply a dot on the closing price at bar chart

In this thread there is a sample picture how should be look out it http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...+dot+bar+close
          Last edited by fxkred; 02-04-2009, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward the information to our Development team.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

dot at close

finally I have solved the problem, nothing special, just have to do a simle indicator, without any parameter. If you do that, and set the Plot0 to DOT, and set the color, on a bar chart will move the dot (especially Calculate on bar close = false) Just so simple
              I just attached an example

(I am not sure how to attach that can be installed, but the essence can be seen inside this script.)
              Attached Files

Comment

The best way is to Export Ninja Script and you will then have a .zip file in your export folder.
                eDanny
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses