Error message "TE_invalidBuyStopPrice"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message "TE_invalidBuyStopPrice"

I had a live strategy where the bar close price was 825.7 and the ask was 825.8. I placed a buy stop at 825.9, but the order was rejected "TE_invalidBuyStopPrice" with no other useful information. The data feed is Zen-Fire, but Zen-Fire have told me this message comes from NT. There's nothing to indicate that the stop order is below or equal to current market price or current ask, so what else could be wrong, and why is the error message so cryptic?

pkuskopf, could you please email us via Help > Mail to Support from inside your NT, so we could review the associated trace / log files for further insight into what occured?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Happy to pull it together, but the trace and log files just say Order Reject, Native Reason=TE_invalidBuyStopPrice. Also there's nothing to say what the close or ask prices were, so I'm not sure if there's much value in doing so.

If you can advise what TE_invalidBuyStopPrice means, I might sort it out quickly myself.

I would have assumed that, if it says "Native Error", then this is a message code from the broker API however Zen-Fire tell me it's not their code.

Thanks
      Peter

Comment

Peter, that's correct native errors would be usually coming from the connected API directly - I can only imagine this was thrown as the order was invalid as it was reaching the servers / exchange.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses