Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawText Example

Hello

I'm playing with the DrawText command and I read the available material about it on the support section of the site, but I'm looking for an actual example (with real values) for ALL of its parameters, ie:

DrawText(string tag, bool autoScale, string text, DateTime time, double y, int yPixelOffset, Color textColor, Font font, StringAlignment alignment, Color outlineColor, Color areaColor, int areaOpacity)

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by laocoon; 03-01-2012, 02:02 AM.

laocoon, consider for example -

DrawText("tag", true, "An Example for DrawText", 0, 1360, 0, Color.Blue, new Font("Arial", 10), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Aquamarine, Color.LightGray, 5);

If you don't know what to enter as parameters into the overloads available for a method, let Intellisense by your guide -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

DrawText("tag", true, "An Example for DrawText", 0, 1360, 0, Color.Blue, new Font("Arial", 10), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Aquamarine, Color.LightGray, 5);
      it would be really helpfull if this example was also included in the NT7 help file.
      Curently the only example listed is of the "simple" syntax version of drawtext.

Actually I would suggest to provide a code example for each of the listed Syntax versions listed on top of the page.
      This would also apply for all of the available commands in the language reference of the NT7 help file.

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by marcow View Post
        it would be really helpfull if this example was also included in the NT7 help file.
        Curently the only example listed is of the "simple" syntax version of drawtext.

Actually I would suggest to provide a code example for each of the listed Syntax versions listed on top of the page.
        This would also apply for all of the available commands in the language reference of the NT7 help f
        Marco

I guess this would help non programmer..

It would make it easier than having to look up and understand parameters in use...

And even though i am a programmer, having a cut and paste for something like a font or color or whatever would make life easier to all!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I've added to our list of suggestions to enhance this area.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This example works. Thank you.

I tried to change the "double y" by Close[0] and works too.

DrawText("tag", true, "An Example for DrawText", 0, Close[0], 0, Color.Blue, new Font("Arial", 10), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Aquamarine, Color.LightGray, 5);

But doesnt work if I try with Close[0]+30 as a double y.

How could I set Close[0]+30 for the y parameter?

Thanks

Comment

Excuse me. I found the solution:

Close[0] + 30 *TickSize

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes