Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrderState question. Part-filled.

Hello,

Just wanted to know when an order to Buy 10 contracts "at market price" is part-filled, so at this stage the NTOrderStatus("") function would be returning "PartFilled", will the NTOrderStatus() of Part-filled ALWAYS progress to either Filled or Rejected, at some time in the very short-term?

So let's say of the BUY order to go long 10 contracts, 7 contracts get done straight away (part-fill) and 3 contracts are still remaining, will the NTOrderStatus() function change from PartFilled to either Filled or Rejected when the remaining final 3 contracts to buy are either done or rejected?

Also, is it sometimes possible for NTOrderStatus() function to return "PartFilled" for say a couple of minutes, until the remainder of the order gets either filled or rejected?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Rod
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-01-2012, 06:06 AM.

Hi Rod, it would report as PartFilled and then change to Filled once the order is completed - I'm not sure why you would attempt to account for a market order to be rejected? This would only happen for example in case of margin issues with the account, but then you would not see partial fill but full rejection.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, thankyou for replying to my question. Reason I asked is that I have seen market orders get part-filled straight away and then say 30 seconds later the remainder of the order gets filled. However, it is possible that in this 30 second window while the remainder of the order is still "working" that the market moves really fast and this could cause the remainder of the order to get rejected. When the market is in free-fall and moving real fast and moving a big amount too, patsystems will block and reject all market orders, until the market stabilizes, which may take 10-20 seconds. If part or all of the order is rejected then I want to send the order or part of the order again until the order is filled completely. I also dont want to double up too by sending incorrect orders. Thank you Bertrand for your help. Very much appreciated. Kind regards, Rod.

Comment

Just one other question for NT support. I know I can get Part-Fills when sending "market" orders when using Strategy Runner at MF Global (using PATS). But, can I get part-fills when sending market orders when using Ninjatrader (NT)? If no, why? If yes, how could this happen? Also, different platforms have different definitions for the word "part-filled". How does the NTorderStatus() function define the word "part-filled", can you give me an example for trading Corn futures using "market" orders how I could possibly get a Part-Fill.

My broker's trading desk said they had never seen Part-fills for market orders specifically.

I spoke to the CME and they said part-fills are possible for market orders and that if I get a part fill then the remainder of the order will then become a limit order for the rest of the session, and then if the limit order is not filled by end of session it then just expires.

I'm really confused here. I'm talking about the NTorderStatus() function which can return "filled, "part-filled" or "rejected". Is it possible for the NTorderStatus() function to return "Part-Filled" for "market" orders only?? If it possible, can you please tell me under what conditions this could occur, and provide an example for me, so that I can understand how it works?

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated.

Regards

Rod
        Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-01-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Rod, the order status would give you the partial fill response any time an order issued would not be completely filled but be in partial filled state (see also http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...efinitions.htm).

This would not be limited to one order type - if the CME explained how that process would work for market orders on Corn then this is how you would see it unfold, however you would not see the order state changing to a limit order then in NT - this would be handled internally at your broker's server - so from my understanding how this is handled, unless that limit order fully filled, your Market Order would remain in PartFilled state as far as NT is concerned.

Comment

Has any of the NT_Support staff ever seen a "part-filled" OrderState for "market" orders specifically? How rare would this be and how often on average would this type of situation occur, if at all?

I know we can get "Part-Fills" for "Limit" orders, but what about for "Market" orders??

I know that the "strategy runner" platform used to call "split-fills" "partial fills" which is not correct in my view.

Thanks in advance for any help. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rod

Comment

Rod, from my experience - have yet to see a market order partial fill state as I normally monitor liquidity vs order size very closely if market orders are used.

Comment

Hello, Is there someone knows to get programatically the time when the order was filled?

Comment

Edward, do you ask for a NinjaScript or ATM strategy, for orders submitted the AT Interface?

Comment

For an ATM strategy. I just want to get the filled time of my order through a code.

Comment

Would this ATM be launched by a NinjaScript strategy for example or traded manually by hand?

For a strategy generated ATM, you could look into EntryOrderStatus and StopTargetOrderStatus - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gy_methods.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                      12 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                      Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes