Bid/Ask/Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid/Ask/Last

I would like to see the last on the DoM. I have Level III data coming in with no option to view the last. How do you tape read the DoM without it??? Just watching the contract size adds little value to reading direction. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Hello YnotFuture$66,

Thanks for writing in.

This information should be displayed within the SuperDOM by default.

Last price would be displayed in the cell which has a yellow background. The current bid price would be displayed in bold blue text and the current ask price would be displayed in bold green text.

More information about how market data is displayed within the DOM is available at the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...er_display.htm

If you're not seeing this data, please let me know which data provider you use with NinjaTrader and which instrument(s) you've been checking.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perhaps I have my terminology wrong. What I'm looking for is the amount of contract traded at the last. I guess I shouldn't have assumed that we all see the "last price". But to see the number of contracts actually filled at that last price is what helps tape read the DoM. As it stands you can't tell when the buying or selling is drying up....

Comment

Hello,

That information is shown in the parenthesis within the cell showing the last traded price.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That should be the block size not 100% sure though. the last I'm referring to is cumulative. See attached photo for a better description.

http://screencast.com/t/S4R9pPjYagXq

Comment

The number in parenthesis is the number of contracts that were traded at that price. You may be looking for Time and Sales window which will list this information as it occurs. Click File > New > Time and Sales
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

T&S is after the fact plus its tough to read the bid and ask when staring at T&S. Have you ever tried tape reading a DoM? Is there anyone else that uses this method and understands what I'm talking about? Please chime in and participate. All comments are welcome.

Comment

Time and Sales is a great way to tape read and I feel easier than the DOM and the DOM isn't all that much diff. In T&S set up some colors that mean something to u for trades that happen on the ask and on the bid.. for example ask trades green bid trades red ....then watch them go by and u can get a good sense of whats going on....do this for 3 mo with the DOM and chart right next to it ... create a bracket of prices in your head ..watch for where prices stall and where the speed is ... is the speed to the down side or up side...1 lots matter!!!!! ...some profess custom order entry put everything thru as a 1 lot believe me ;-).... so dont filter out 1 lots...and if u want have a second T&S for 10 lots and up or something..... FYI Rancho's Magic Tape is better the Ninja's Time and Sales IMO

with the DOM in Ninja I watch the number in the parentheses and where it is ...on the ask or bid... having it in the price column I think is a mistake ...I think its just easier to look at it next to the ask or bid.... the DOM and T&S if u watch them side by side will be saying the same thing so how is T&S after the fact....it only after the fact just as much as the DOM is ....and its all after the fact or it would not even be there.... once they come out with an indicator that tells me the thoughts of my competitors sign me up.....

Comment

Thanks for the feed back its much appreciated. But, finding a work around is what your describing. There are many ways to get this simple little number to determine wether buying or selling is drying up. I'm currently using a Volume Impressions chart. This gives me the cumulative total on the bid and ask. So I know if they hare hitting the bid or the ask for the corresponding move. The point is...I can eliminate a chart with one change in the Dom for trader efficiency. It's not a question of how to get this cumulative number but why isn't it on the DoM. As you can see we are having to work around this verse address the issue. I can work around this with no doubt. But, why? I can tell you the reason I have to use a work around....I don't know C# well enough to fix it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post love2code2trade  
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post alifarahani