Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange not in Instrument Manager

Hi,

I'm trying to add the following Kinetick EOD futures contract but couldn't find its associated exchange (MDEX) on the instrument editor:

Crude Palm Oil futures. Kinetick symbol code: KPO

Can someone advise on how to add this exchange to the list? Thanks.

kemin,

It looks like its also exchanged on the CME as CPO. You could try using the CME as the exchange.

Does the mapping you created work otherwise?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      kemin,

It looks like its also exchanged on the CME as CPO. You could try using the CME as the exchange.

Does the mapping you created work otherwise?

Funny I used Default as exchange and the contract now appear nicely on the chart. Not sure what I did earlier that didn't work.

No I'm not looking at the CME CPO as it is an inactive contract. The one listed on the MDEX is the actively traded one. Perhaps NT can add MDEX as an exchange in the next update. I see many obscure exchanges on the Instrument Editor and it is definitely missing this one. Obviously if it works with default exchange, I'm fine with that too.

Comment

kemin,

I will suggest this to our development team.

Thanks for your suggestion.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 03-05-2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

kemin,

Your suggestion has ID #1597.

Thanks for your suggestion, and thanks for choosing NinjaTrader!

Comment

Hi AdamP,

Sorry for bump this up, I want to include FCPO from MDEX into my instrument manager too, but couldn't find it.

I am currently using the free version. Is it because this is the limitation of free version?

Thanks.

Comment

I have forwarded your request to our development team as well.
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Ninjatrader,

I am using the NinjaTrader 7 with Kinetick EOD data. I note that on the Kinetick website they list Bursa Malaysia Derivatives as part of their data.

Can you please explain to me how to access the Bursa Malaysia Derivatives charts as I am unable to search any of the contracts on the instrument manager panel.

Would appreciate your help.

Many thanks!

Comment

Hello*dwwtan,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                  Press the "New" button
                  *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                  Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                  Press the "OK" button
                  The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                  Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                  Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                  Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
                  You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

Below is a link to the Kinetick Symbol Search page.

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Backtesting Bursa Malaysia Derivatives

Dear Christopher,

Many thanks for your assistance. I have managed to load the charts on Ninjatrader.

Now I have another issue which I hope you can help me with.

With regards to backtesting, I am able to run backtests on various futures contracts ie. DJIA, Comex Gold etc. However, for the bursa Malaysia Derivatives that i managed to add into the instrument manager, when I try to backtest any of the derivatives, there is no result ie 0 trades.

Would appreciate any guidance you have.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please attempt to Backtest using the SampleMACrossOver and let me know if you receive results.

Also be sure when Backtesting to use the same interval you have data loaded for such as Tick, Minute or Daily.

Comment

Dear Christopher,

1) I managed to backtest the KPO April 2015 (Crude Palm Oil) however the chart data is only from 16-10-14 to 17-2-2015 how do I make it continuous data for say 2 years?

2) For the KLI (Kuala Lumpur Stock Index) february 2015 futures contract, the chart only displays data from 1-1-15 to 17-2-15. Again, how do I get more historical data. The backtest data is limited as such.

3) Is it normal that I am not able to view the minute charts on ninja trader for the above (1) and (2) contracts? I note that I am able to backtest DJIA and others using minutes but for the above two I can only backtest by daily interval.

4) As far as the KLI index goes, is it possible to have the actual Composite Index (not the futures) loaded into the Ninja Trader platform?

5) Finally can you send me information on how to link up my Ninja Trader platform to a live feed from my broker in Malaysia? - If this is possible would I then be able to view both equities and derivatives live charts on Ninja Trader?

Thank you for your help.

David

Comment

To load additional data you would need to open a chart within NinjaTrader to request this data from the servers which would then be available for backtesting within NinjaTrader.

If you are connected to the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection this connection only provides Daily data within NinjaTrader.

If you would like to receive Minute or Tick data from Kinetick you would be required to subscribe at the link below:

When reviewing the Kinetick site it does not appear they offer data for the KLI Composite Index.

Can you tell me what broker you are currently using in Malaysia so I may further assist.

Comment

I have tried opening the chart but no new data series is shown on the chart. How do I load new data/request new data from the server? For example the FKLI February 2015 is only from 1-2-2015 (but for FGLD it loads until October 2014). How do I get the full data for these?

I have access to OSK188 (now RHB Investment Bank) for equities and derivatives. I am currently using a platform called Global PTA Jtrader for the derivative quotes.

Last edited by dwwtan; 02-17-2015, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager-->Select FKLI-->Edit and attach screen shots of the settings used within the Definitions and Misc tabs.

To take a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach them to your reply.

Currently we do not support the broker you mentioned however I have provided a link below to that goes over each broker and the data they provide within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans
                              by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses