Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

session template clarification

Hi,

In the strategy analyser, from what I understand the timezone for the chart you are viewing from the backtest will be defined as what the timezone is set as on the session template. So if you want the times on the chart you are viewing to represent a certain timezone, you should set the session template's timezone to this. As I understand it, this will then mean the start / end times of say the 240 minute bars you are looking will be in terms of that timezone.

Is the above correct?

I wanted to double check that the time you see on the back test chart is not in some other timezone, like your local computer's timezone, etc.

thanks

Hi PolarBear, NinjaTrader would always use the local set PC timezone as it's reference - the Session Manager timezone are used to simpify the setup of session hours, as you can express the times in the exchange / contract native timezone and NT would then convert as needed to your local time.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand

I have a problem with NT7 charts.
      The dates of the charts are wrong. Also, sometimes Im missing bars. I attach two charts of SP to compare, one from Stockcharts and one from NT7. As I intend to study Gann, I would need exact dates for bottoms and tops.

I tried different session templates to no avail. The Windows7 is set to Central Time US & Canada (-6 UTC).

What could I do to fix it?

Thank you very much for your time

Regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Michael, what datafeed / broker are you using here with NT7? If you checked with different session templates, was there any template used set in CST time, for example the CME ones?

Comment

Hi Bertrand

thank you for your reply

Sorry, forgot to tell you that I only use end-of-day Kinetick end-of-day.
          I tried different templates, mostly the CME ETH, both for US Index futures and FX. Actually, with these templates I had even more discrepancies in terms of true days than with the default settings.
          To wrap it up the problem is: wrong dates and missing bars. Dont think its a template issue. As for data provider guess end-of-day should be quite robust. I understand few pips here and there at the end of the day, specially in FX but missing bars altogether for CME futures. Dont know what it could be. Ideas?

Regards

Comment

Thanks Michael, just tried with my setup set to your timezone and then downloading a fresh set of data from Kinetick and could not reproduce any issues - do you remember switching the timezone on this PC?

Comment

Yes, I switched it from +2 UTC to -6 UTC.

You think i should reset the DB and download again the data with the new clock stamp?

Comment

Yes, exactly - you can't switch timezones on the PC without downloaded fresh data so it gets stamped correctly.

Comment

Ok, I will do that right away and let you know.

Thank you for your time

cheers

Comment

Hi Bertrand

The reset wouldnt let me reset the data, only the orders and stuff.
                    I deleted all data from the db folder and also all the session templates loaded in the cache.
                    Downloaded a fresh set of data for the SPX but it is still like in the .jpg I posted below, wrong dates and missing the red bar!
                    Is there a proper or better way of resetting the db?

Thank you

Comment

No, that should normally be fine - is that just for a particular market now or for all end of day instruments you tested? Would likely be best if you contact us via Help >> Mail to Support so we could review your trace / logs files and also schedule taking a remote look at your setup with you.

Comment

I noticed wrong dates also for 6E for example.
                        yes, if that if its feasible. Shall I just send an email, explaining the issue and I will be contacted?Sorry, wouldnt know how the support works!

Comment

Thanks, yes just go to Help >> Mail to Support in your NT platform and send us an email from there, this will automatically attach trace / log files for review, in the mail content just point to this thread then and we take it from there.

Comment

Ok, I just saw this function. Sending an email right now and I will be in touch.

thank you very much for your time!!

Regards

Comment

Hi Bertrand

just to let you know I sorted the issues with dates without emailing.
                              Thank you for your help.

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post TradeForge  
                              Started by aprilfool, 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
                              3 responses