Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to broker (Patsystems) at all

Hello,

This is the first time I am trying to connect to LIVE trading account. I cant connect. In bottom left hand corner I just get "Connecting - Patsystems" and it does not go GREEN and say connected. I rang broker and he said that I am actually connected. I used some other software I have and it says I'm connected to the broker "host server address", but it does not say I'm connected to the broker "price server address". Maybe I need to be connected to both the "host server address" and "price server address" for the Pats connection to go GREEN and be connected?? I dont' know the answer.

As the connection in NT is hanging I can't place trades or see my broker account balance.

I have spoken to IT technical support at my broker and they could not solve problem.

I have re-installed NinjaTrader application "fresh" and re-booted PC, but still did not fix.

Could someone from NT please help me connect?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Rod
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-05-2012, 01:42 AM.

Hello Rod,

Yes, you will need to connect to both servers for a successful connection. Can you please double check if you entered the Patsystems connection information correctly. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections, highlight the Patsystems connection and click Change. Re-enter all information. Make sure it is case sensitive and no additional spaces or other characters are entered. Subsequently check if you can get connected.

If not, please send me your Config.xml file so I can test the connection on my end. You can find this file at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7. Please attach it in an email you can send to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put 'Attn Jason, Can't connect to broker (Patsystems) at all' in the subject field.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, thank you for reply. Just emailed you my config.xml file. Please let me know if you can connect using my settings? Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. Regards, Rod.

Comment

Hi Jason, just to let you know that in the end my NT was able to connect to my broker, but it took 20 minutes to do so, this is a very slow connection time. will start another thread called "Taking 20 minutes to connect to Pats --- very slow connection". Thank you Jason for your help. Kind regards, Rod.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DrakeiJosh  
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhubear