NT wiped out daily data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT wiped out daily data

I turned everything on this morning 30 mins ago and connected NT7 to IB and started analysing the market - $EURUSD.

I looked at the daily chart and it didn't show the full range for today's bar that it should, so I reloaded the chart data with ctrl+shift+R

That reloaded the bar for today correctly, but it now had a gap from 2005-04-xx to 2011-05-xx (i.e. pretty big gap!)

So I reloaded it again, but got the same result.

I looked in the historical data manager and saw that the $EURUSD daily data from 2005 to 2011 was missing.

I tried downloading it with the historical data manager, with the start date 2005-01-01 but then it deleted the daily data from 2005-01-01 to 2005-04-xx

Obviously something dire is going wrong here. I checked in the error log and this message just appeared:

2012-03-05 09:23:44 Default Data.HistoricalDataManager.LoadEdits: Error creating File Structure node: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '$EURUSD|Last|Minute' Key being added: '$EURUSD|Last|Minute'

What can I do now? Why am I losing data? If I try to download it again, I run the risk that NT will delete more data - what is the problem here?

Thanks

adamus, sorry to hear about your issue this morning - could you please first of all forward the trace and log files for review?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, forwarded via email.

Comment

Missing Tick Data

Am having similar problem with my tick data. All tick data for oil (CL) contracts from Sept 2011 to Feb 2012 has gone missing. Did data reload, from PFG, and it only reloaded the 4-12 contracts back to Feb 24th and none of the 3-12 contracts.

Have been collecting in market replay mode for 2 years. virtually all is missing, though there are some intermittent days scattered throughout.

Comment

nanook77, could you please contact us as well through Help > Mail to Support?

If you check the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db subfolders (data for replay files, tick / minute / day for historical data) - is the data then missing also there?

Comment

Missing Tick Data

Yes it is. Just sent a detailed email with trace and log files to support Bert. See attached. Even more problematic, I just did a download data routine, and now it has clipped off the last 3 days of historical tick data and only goes back to Feb 27th.

What is going on here.

thanks in advance, sure you know how critical it is trying to run strategies when you have big holes in your data.

nanook77

Update 1022 CST: Bert all tick data on CL contracts from Oct 27th 2011 forward has been deleted and/or removed.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by nanook77; 03-05-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear, thanks for sending in your files - we will look into and get back to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes