Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any traders from Australia out there who use NT???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any traders from Australia out there who use NT???

Hello,

It's taking me 30 minutes to connect to my broker using NT which is crazy. It should only take 1-2 mins for NT to connect to a broker server. Is there anyone else from Australia who uses NT that can connect to a futures broker in the USA in around 1-2 minutes? How long should it take me to connect? I'm based in Brisbane and use Telstra as my ISP. Any help would be really appreciated, as I'm stumped at the moment.

Regards

Rod

Hello Rod,

We have several Australian clients who can connect fairly quickly - 30 minutes would not be expected.

Can you please clarify which broker technology you are using? (e.g., Zen-Fire, CQG, Trading Technologies, etc).
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

My broker is called "RJO Futures" broker who uses "Patsystems" technology for NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for this information - when using Patsystems, a connection time of up to 30 minutes is not unheard of.

This can be expected depending on the number of accounts or executions that are connected to and subsequently downloaded into your database for the connection is established.

Comment

ok thank you for help. Any ideas on how I can get a lower connection time, like 1-3 minutes?? to do this should i try using Zenfire, or e-signal at a different broker? why cant i see the words "zenfire" or "TT" in the account connection list? i only see kinetick, yahoo, e-signal, barchart, etc.

I need to get the connection time down to 1-2 minutes. how can i do this? i am prepared to switch brokers, or switch data providers, etc. but i cant change where i live in australia due to family. what are my options here???

thank you in advance.

regards

rod

Comment

Hello Rod,

Can you please send and email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your current license key you are using under Help--> License key.

Please also include Attn: Matthew and reference to this thread.

Comment

will send email with info you need tomorrow morning as its 2am here now and i need to leave my office.

In the meantime, can you tell me if I used NinjaTrader with "zen-fire" technology at a broker like "Dorman Trading" would this reduce my connect time down to say 1-2 minutes (taking into account that I am based in Australia)?

Sounds like Pats causes long connection times.

Comment

I cannot say for sure exactly how long it will take you to connect, however we generally see better connection times with Zen-Fire over Patsystems.

Comment

thank you. Also, would Trading Technologies or Interactive Brokers technology allow for faster "connection times" than Zen-fire?

How would you order the above 3 technologies in terms of connection speed?

ie. 1. Zen-fire
                  2. TT
                  3. Interactive Brokers
                  4. patsystems.

i need some sort of guide, as it takes a lot of time to open a new broker account, i need to be able to connect to broker in 1-2 minutes, which broker technology should i go for in your opinion??

thank you.

regards, rod

Comment

Hello Rod,

There are a number of factors at play and I cannot say for sure how this will differ from connection speed. Patsystems is the only connection I'm aware of that is known to take upwards of 5 minutes or greater to connect regularly.

Comment

i really dont know if you can blame the long log-in times on Pats, as NT_Jason connected to my account (which trades 19 futures markets on 3 USA exchanges) in 2 minutes. And Jason was connecting from the Netherlands which is far away from USA exchange and USA broker too.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were working with Jason.

Have you tried running a trace route from your PC to these two servers (price and feed)? How long does it take the trace route to complete?

Information on using tracert can be found below - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314868

Comment

called Patsystems head office and they found problem which is my broker had authorized me to trade too many contracts (thousands, maybe 5000). we only wanted to trade 19 markets (under 200 contracts). NT has to download all of these contracts from Pats in order to make a connection to broker price server. broker now in process of cutting down contracts authorized on Pats, now connection time reduced from 6 minutes down to 1.5 minutes. hopefully can get it down to 30 seconds. thanks for everyones help. really appreciate it. Regards, Rod.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Aviram Y  
                          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby