Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working orders on Simulated/Live accounts

Hi,
    I have a simulated account with PFG and I have some questions on how working orders (limits, stops) behave.
    1, Yesterday I had a position opened that was covered with stoploss and takeprofit orders.
    2, I turned Ninja Off.
    3, The position should have been closed on the stop yesterday but it was not.
    4, I turned Ninja On today and it seems the stop was activated only then and filled with appropriate slippage (quote when i turned NT on - original stop).
    Could that happen so?

It seems that on simulated accounts the working orders are "really working" only when Ninja is On. Are really all working orders on Simulated account stored only locally?

I assume it doesnt work this way on live accounts - working orders are either on broker's or exchanges' servers and can be filled anytime - even when Ninja is off, right?
    And only OCO are stored locally on Live accounts. But shall one order be filled when Ninja is off, the second order will not be cancelled at all (has to be cancelled manually) or will be cancelled automatically when is Ninja turned on for the first time after the first order was filled?

Thanks for response.

Regards, Robert

Hello Robert,
    Thanks for writing in and I am happy to assist you.

Where the order resides depends on who you are connected with http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349.

In case of PFG, all OCO orders are simulated in your PC. If you switch off your PC then the orders are no longer live.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, we do not understand each other. Please, try to go through my post once again.
      The situation bellow relates to simulated account SIM101 - where the connection/broker do not play any role as I understand. Question is when do working orders on simulated account really work.
      And regarding the OCO on live accounts - this applies to the orders connected as OCO themselves or the cancelling functionality?

Thanks, R.

Comment

Hello Robert,
        All orders placed in the Sim101 account, whether OCO or not are placed in the locally. If you disconnect from your data feed provider or shut down NinjaTrader, the orders are no longer processed.

In case of live orders with PFG the OCO function-ability is simulated locally. The orders are placed in the broker’s server. If you get disconnected, both your orders might get filled.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post helpwanted  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes