Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No datafeed for all symbols

Hello,

I am new to ninjatrader. I simply wanted to try out the Ninjatrader with the Zen-Fire datafeed.
    I registred for a demo and got the Ninjatrader - serial as well as ZenFire access date.

After starting ninjatrader and setup the connection to Zen-Fire i still cannot see any price feed.

On the bottom left corner it says, Conntected - Zen-Fire, but no matter what i do, i do not get a single price.

I have already reseted everything in the ->Options->Data Tab.

Log and Trace looks also good.

Log end with:
    3/8/2012 1:25:33 AM|1|2|Mirus,Demo: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    3/8/2012 1:25:33 AM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.179/31654)
    3/8/2012 1:25:41 AM|1|2|Mirus,Demo: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/8/2012 1:25:41 AM|1|2|Time to flatten=12:00:00 AM, Flatten all=Disabled
    3/8/2012 1:25:45 AM|1|2|Global simulation mode enabled
    3/8/2012 1:25:45 AM|1|4|Order entry hot keys disabled
    3/8/2012 1:25:45 AM|1|2|Optimized CPU performance enabled
    3/8/2012 1:25:45 AM|1|4|Automated trading disabled

And also in the trace i cannot see any kind of error message.

What can there be wrong?

btw: I am using NT 7.0.1000.9 on Win7x64

Hello zzuegg,

Thanks for writing in.

Which instruments are you attempting to access? I'd like to test those same specific instruments here is why I ask.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I have tried every instument in the list. None of them is showing a price.
      See attached pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Stock data is unavailable as Zen-Fire offers futures only. Please select ES 03-12 in the Orders tab of the Control Center - do the bid, ask and last price fields update or report 'na'?

Comment

The fields stay showing n/a.
          I have tried selecting ES 3-12, still the same

Comment

Hello,

Please disconnect from Zen-Fire and reset NinjaTrader's instrument list:
            To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

After resetting, please restart NinjaTrader and re-run the same test. Assuming data remains unavailable, please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com - in that note, include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

You will find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            The file which I need would be named 'trace.20120307.txt'.

Comment

HO and RB NYMEX Contracts

I have Mirus Futues as my broker. Will Ninja Trader's servers have available the RB and HO futures contracts anytime soon? Heating oil and gasoline are majors and it would be nice to be able to trade those with gas prices currently in the news.

Comment

Hello LTWCI,

RB comes preloaded in NinjaTrader. Please go to Tools > Instrument Manager and under Name put in RB and click on Search. You should now see the RB instrument.

HO is not preloaded in NinjaTrader. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                Press the "New" button
                *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
                Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I load a chart for RB or HO, I get the following message: Error loading chart data for RB/HO 04-12 Nymex. Ninja Trader data server does not support this instrument, no data available

Comment

Hello LTWCI,

To assist you further please email me your most current log and trace files to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com. Please append Attn:ChrisS in the subject line add a link to this thread in the email body.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                    The log file will be named "log.20120314.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                    The trace file will be named "trace.20120314.txt"

Comment

Chris,

Before I send in the files, take a look at the RB contract info in my instrument manger editor. Sometimes its something simple as I experienced with the 6E contract.

Master Instrument: RB
                      Instrument Type: Future
                      Tick Size: 0.01
                      Currency: US Dollar
                      Point Value: 1.00
                      Margin Value: 0
                      Sim Feed Start Price: 2.60
                      Merge Policy: Use Global Settings
                      Session Template: 24/5
                      Description: RBOB Gasoline

Symbol Map for Mirus: RB
                      Contract Months: No contract months defined ---This could be the problem

Comment

I set the Contract Months for both RB and HO as follows. Price is now charting.

Contract Months: 04-12

Misc
                        Contract Month: 04-12 (current month)
                        Rollover date: 4/1/2012 ( according to the CME website, the last day of trading for each month is the last day of the month. Same for both RB and HO).
                        Offset: I left this blank

Please let me know if I input this data correctly. This seems to be the answer to the problem.
                        Last edited by LTWCI; 03-14-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Hello LTWCI,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad to hear that you are now receiving data for these instruments.

Comment

Chris, unfortunately Ninja Trader is not downloading the contract expiration and rollover data for the RB and HO NYMEX contracts. I looked in help and found the paragraph that pertains to this situation. I'm still getting that error message. I am using Zen Fire.

Contract Months (in the Instrument Editor)

The Contract months section shows the contract months with associated rollover dates. This information is automatically downloaded from the NinjaTrader server whenever you are connected to your live data feed or the Simulated Data Feed. The Contract month, Rollover date, and Offset values are used when NinjaTrader automatically merges historical data.
                            Last edited by LTWCI; 03-22-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hello LTWCI,

Can you please reset the instruments and check if rollover data is loaded. Please disconnect your connectivity provider and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Reset Instruments.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if you have rollover dates listed.

The Heating Oil futures is listed in NinjaTrader by default as BH.
                              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses