Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fib Circles

Hello,

i would like to point out that this tool is useless. I wonder if something can be done about it? When i draw a circle and resize the chart, the lines are completely changed and does not touch the same bars as before resizing. I dont mean the starting and ending point of the circle, but the expansion lines. I guess when i resize the chart the circle should be changing to elipse or something like that. the way it is its really not applicable.

Also, i would like to make a remark regarding dates on horizontal line. I often use fibo timing tool and although it is projected into the future, one can not see the date when the line is going to be hit. Can something be done about this as well?

Regards

bagzi, currentlly that would be unfortunately an expected limitation you're running into here - I've noted your feedback though on our product enhancement list for future consideration und #1602 and #1603.

Thanks for your input on how to further enhance our NinjaTrader platform.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Try This....

Hi...this has been reviewed before some time ago...you want to divide price and time seperately...and then you need to multiply all of your input numbers by 1.415 (the square root of 2)....in order for the circles to have the correct relationship to your set up line....I would suggest to Ninja that this change be made to the way circles relate to the setup line...currently it is done by the same old boiler plate method that just does not work....play around with this and it will be quicky apparent that the 1.415 set up multiplier works when dividing price and time seperately.....

Thanks....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Alfred; 03-08-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the shared input Alfred, I will add your thoughts to our suggestion list here.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Original link to review...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Thanks for the shared input Alfred, I will add your thoughts to our suggestion list here.

Bertrand....see this link for the original discussion on this...

Thanks...

Comment

Oh God, i understand now. Why in the earth its 141.5? I would need to recalculate all the percentages if i dont want the 100s.

thanks Alfred

Comment

Originally posted by bagzi View Post
              Oh God, i understand now. Why in the earth its 141.5? I would need to recalculate all the percentages if i dont want the 100s.

thanks Alfred
              You want the circles to represent graphic increments of your setup line...the Ninja calcs (with no 1.415 factor) refer to the X & Y axis of the set up line so you do not get a good picture of the circles based on harmonics of the set up line.....for example 50% of your set up line (the fuscia circle in screen shot below) would be 50 X 1.415 = 70.75 (not 50)...or 2 X the set up line would be 200 X 1.415 = 283 (not 200)...you can see how well this works visually using the 1.415 factor....

Maybe get Josh at Ninja to explain the calcs on this and how the 1.415 factor is derived....

Thanks...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Alfred; 03-08-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Here is one way to look at this perhaps....in the example at left below...if B and C = 1, then A will be the square root of 2...or 1.415....thus to get a circle at the end of A in Ninja, you would need to multiply B X 1.415....where A is your set up line....

There must be more elegant ways to explain this....

Attached Files
                Last edited by Alfred; 03-08-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks, i got it and all set up, hopefully they will fix this in the future...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick