NT not working properly with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT not working properly with IB

Hi. I apologize in advance for the length of this post, but... I have been using NT and IB successfully for a couple of years now, usualy with very little issues from data/connection/interface persepctive on an HP machine that is now approaching 5-6 years old. I decided to upgrade my machine to a newer/faster model. The new machine is running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit on Intel Core-i7 @ 4.0Ghz. I have installed the latest versions of IB TWS 923 and NT 7.0.1000.9.

I having siginificant issues getting NT to work properly. Major issues I am experiencing:

1. Upon connecting to IB everything seems to be working properly. I am usually able to type a few symbols (stocks or futures) into the chart and retrieve data before they go completely blank. It shows that I am still connected and I can still see updates coming through on the Market Analyzer, but nothing comes through on the charts. I try to re-load data, nothing changes.

2. Let's say I decide not screw with the charts and just enable a few strategies, the same strategies I had been running on my old machine, sometimes they work, other times they show that they are enabled but it does not appear to be calculating anything as the positions remain flat when it shoudln't be.

3. I have also noticed that my indicators on the charts get out of sync with the indicators on my market analyzers. I have been able to re-load the data and get them back in sync, but at the same time I am not expecting to have to monitor the indicators to make sure that they are the same. Also, a few times now when I have attempted to re-load data, NT has crashed.

4. I make small changes to the way NT is configured, shut down NT, saving all changes. When I re-open the program the changes have not been saved.

All the while IB seems to working properly. I don't appear to have any issues with any functionality on that platform. I store my IB setting on their server.

I have looked through the other posts to try and get some insight. I have tried multiple things to rememdy the sitution, some below:

Uninstalled and re-installed both IB and NT
    Reset and Repaired DB and instruments
    Made sure I only had one NT workspace open
    Even tried using real time data from Kineticks

Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? Does it matter which version of NT I am using 32 or 64 bit? I have tried both. I feel like I have exhausted any options that I could think of. Greatly in need of some help. Feeling quite frustrated.

Thanks

Hello Mannygags,

Thank you for your post.

With NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.9 it is critical that you have Traders Workstation (TWS) version 921.5 installed.

Please uninstall TWS version 923 from the Windows Control Panel, then download and install TWS version 921.5 from this link:

Next, please make sure that Traders Workstation is properly configured as per our connection page here:

• Close NinjaTrader
    • Start TWS > select the menu item "Edit" > Global Configuration...
    • On the left hand side, expand "API" and then left click on "Settings"
    • Make sure these items are checked:
    • Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients
    • Download open orders on connection
    • Include FX positions when sending portfolio
    • Send status updates...
    • Set the "Socket port" value to 7496
    • Start NinjaTrader and attempt to connect to IB.

Here is a screenshot showing these settings:

With Interactive Brokers, it does not matter which version (32-bit or 64-bit) of NinjaTrader that you use. Interactive Brokers supports 64 bit connections so I would suggest using the 64-bit version.

Please let me know if you are able to resolve the connection issues you are experiencing after installing TWS version 921.5 and configuring TWS as per our connection guide, or if I can provide any further assistance.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please update your IB Help Guide to reflect this specific TWS version. I didn't realize that NT 7 Version 9 had a specific TWS version until I read this post. Thanks!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton