intraday market replay data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intraday market replay data

Hello and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I have been downloading ES data for individual days and then using market replay to practise trading on 5min candles. I do not have a subscription to a data provider.

When I start the market replay, I only have the current days data even though I have at least 5 days of previous data that I have already replayed.

I would like have 2 or 3 days of data open in my market replay chart - how can I achieve this?

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

If you do not have access to a historical data provider, market replay will only load data starting at the day you have access to data.

Should you have historical data provider, you should see the previous days data automatically loaded when connected to market replay.

You will need to subscribe to a data provider who will offer this data for you to use.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Matthew.

If I have multiple days of data downloaded, but no data provider, and I started the market replay 2 days in advance of the day I actually wanted to replay, and played through those 2 days at 300X speed, would the data stay in my chart?

If I purchase a kinetick subscription, would my market replay then function as I desired? What about the zen-fire demo?

Cheers.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, if you started replay a few days before the date you intend to trade, you would see that replay as historical and would stay as long as the 'start' and 'end' dates have not changed.

Either Kinetick subscription or Zen-Fire demo would function as you are anticipating.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Comment

In the absence of a data provider, is this the intended function of the market replay?

Is loading the previous data and replaying it at high speed in order to work around the one day of data limitation an exploit?

If not, would it not be better to include the option to include previously downloaded data in a chart?

Finally, were I to have a Kinetick (or Zen-Fire free demo) data feed, can I view the data in real time? Or does that require a NT licence?

Comment

Hello,

I wouldn't say it was intended, but there is no reason we should stop a user from doing so. It is assumed that most users using our charting features would have access to a historical data provider.

Yes, you can use Kinetick or Zen-Fire for real-time data absolutely for free. The only time we ask users to pay for a license is when they want to submit live working orders to a brokerage.

Comment

Thanks for all your assistance - you have provided me with all the information I was looking for.

As aside, perhaps it is worth mentioning to the development team that enabling users to view multiple downloaded days in market replay without the use of fast forward would be a useful feature to implement in a future update.

Comment

We wish to thank you for sharing your enhancement ideas with us; your suggestion will be tracked using ID# 739.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                1 response
                0 likes