Session break data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session break data

When drawing a renko chart and unchecking "plot session break line" the session break line is not plotted but the data is still used in formula calculations and the blank space is used in charting and data seen in data window when hovering at the end of the session. EUR/USD is symbol used.

How do I eliminate the session break data points when unchecking "plot session break line" ?

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Just to confirm the line no longer is there however the candle restarts at the beginning of the new session is the issue?

-Brett

Comment

The line is no longer there - which is fine. However, there is an invisible price point there at the last minute of the session that is used and corrupts all indicators. In other words, all of your indicator values are incorrect because of this one data point. You can only see it when you hover the pointer over the empty area. Also, put a two period moving average and you can see it feeding the indicators the data - making them ALL incorrect!

Comment

Hello,

Can you please check the time stamp of the bar what is the time stamp of the small bar?

What is your local time zone and what session template are you using?

-Brett

Comment

session break data

I attached an image showing the session data with data box showing. In this example I showed the session break for clarity.
          The Open, High, Low, Close are all 1.3166

When making session break invisible, the data is still used in indicators. The local time is Eastern Standard Time and the template is default FX.

Is there a way to get rid of the data point so it does not affect charting or indicators? Making session break line invisible still puts data in an indicator which makes it not accurate.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This is just a bar where the session break but the bar off as it started to form so it closed at its open.

Unfortunately starting a new bar at session break line is expected in NinjaTrader 7 and there are no options to disable this.

I will ask development to consider a change here however I would not expect any changes soon.

You may have look with finding on the internet some unsupported renko bars that do not force a new bar at the End Of the Session.

-Brett

Comment

Remove Session Break

Hello User42:
              Had the same problem, psudo-Renko bars on session break lines were craping out my indicators and kicking my Forex trades early. Solution is go to SessionManager and create a new session (I named it NoSession) and create a single session with Start Sunday 4:00PM and End Friday 4:00PM (for currency markets depending on your time zone). This removes the session interupts during the week.
              Then go to Tools/Insturment Manager, select the instrument you are testing and set the Session Template dropdown to whatever your new session is.
              Hopes this helps.
              Last edited by derekphelps; 01-30-2013, 05:58 AM. Reason: Forgot part of solution

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
              21 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes