Strategy Analyzer won't run optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer won't run optimization

I was cruising along well, running optimizations, when I encountered the error from the Strategy Analyzer, Optimizer: "There are no optimization results available, since the strategy has no parameters to optimize." But the params hadn't been changed.

A Google search found recommendations that this error is corrected with a restart and/or reboot of the PC (NT having run out of memory, or otherwise). This did at first work, but now, after repeated resets/reboots, I get the same error message as above.

Any ideas? Has an NT database been corrupted?

Many thanks,
    Mike G
    PS I may have posted this in another sub-forum by mistake. Sorry for any duplication.

Mike,

Please try repairing your database: Tools --> Options --> Misc --> Repair DB.

If that doesn't work, can you confirm that you can get some to work and not others? Have you tried the "SampleMACrossOver" strategy?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Adam,
      Thanks for your reply.
      I ran the DB repair and continue to get the optimizer error.
      I ran the SampleMACrossOver with the optimizer, changeing one length param to allow optimizations, and continue to get the error.
      Next step suggestion?
      Thanks again! --Mikeg

Comment

Mike,

How are you setting up the parameters in the optimization?

It should be Beginning ; End ; Stepsize

Comment

Yes, as you describe. Please note that I've run many (100s) of optimizations successfully, and then just ran into this. Perhaps a re-install? I assume workspaces can be saved across installations.
          Thanks again, Mike

Comment

Mike,

You could try this, however if the issue is in the My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 directory it wouldn't go away. All settings and custom compiled scripts are located there.

Do you know how to compile? If so, you could check for programming errors. Additionally, we can check your most recent trace. It is located in My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / trace.

If you desire privacy with this you can email me at support at ninjatrader dot com, along with ATTN : Adam in the message body along with a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Adam,
              Just successfully ran an optimization. So I'm not sure what the issue is here -- operator error or something corrupted with my NT installation. Let me keep checking at my end.
              --Mike

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for your note.

Yes, keep me updated. It looks like a restart of NT sometimes fixes this.

Comment

This error still occurs with the latest version of NinjaTrader (Version 7.0.1000.22).

I encounter the same difficulties as reported by other users. I have spent many hours trying to resolve this issue without success. It occurs after several successful optimizations. Only thing that seems to work is a reboot but that is a highly undesirable action to do.

Can a fix to this issue be given some priority?

Comment

FourX, welcome to our forums and we're sorry to hear you see issues in this area. Is there a set of steps you can take for example with our SampleMACrossOver script that would consistently generate this outcome for you? NinjaTrader 7 generally is in maintenance mode only at this time but I would want to ensure this issue is taken care of as we internally test our next major update to the platform.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand. Thanks for your reply. This error seems to occur when connected to a broker. My feeling is that it occurs when NT7 tries to load historical data from the broker.

It runs fine without broker/internet connection; I have an AutoIt script running optimizations continuously (~1400 per day over a 1 week period) without any problems at all.

I will try to find some time to test this with the SampleMACrossOver strat to try and generate this problem consistently and report back here.....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post chbruno