• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

new computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new computer

Hi all.

I've just downloaded the latest 32-bit ninja app onto my new 64-bit laptop. However, after adding the connection parameters in Ninja, my connection just hangs and does not connect. kinetic does connect, but not my newly configed connection does not. I reverified the infomation entered and all looks good. My question: does it matter to the Ninja application if I'm trying to connect to my broker (Trading Tech.) from a newly purchased computer. i don't remember having to have done anything the last time I migrated to a new box. I assume that running a 32-bit Ninja off of a 64-bit box is no issue to niether ninja nor the broker. Does anyone have insight into this and what action can I take on the Ninja side that would bring me close to findingout the problem?

The log reads " the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time' so I assume it's TT so I'm contacting them as well.
    thanks.

HI Spartacus,

Thanks for writing in.

Please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.
    You'll find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    The file I need would be named 'trace.20120311.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

The problem is fixed.

I went onto velocity and they told me that my channel passwords on their ports have changed and gave me the new ones. I updated the connections on ninja and I was able to get connected. Kyle, thatnks again for your help and i apologize for not getting that info to you sooner.

regards
      Spartacus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by erichuff, Today, 04:53 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
      Started by stevenev1, Today, 01:43 PM
      0 responses