Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaps in Historical Data

Hello,

I am using Ninjatrader with IQFeed. If I load a certain stock and then don't open that same symbol for a while it will have gaps in the data the next time I load it. Now if I right click and do reload historical data the missing data reloads. However I do not want to have to manually check the X-Axis of my charts to see if I am constantly missing data for a specific symbol. Last week I took a trade and lost money only because I had missing data on that specific chart. I than reloaded and the chart looked completely different. This is very poor design. When opening a new chart the software should automatically check to see if any gaps in data and reload the data from the last place it left off. Are there any fixes to this problem? I would like not to have to click reload historical data every time I open a new chart. That would be extremely time consuming. This is all by the way on minute charts, I am not sure if it occurs on daily charts as well. I would appreciate any inputs on how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Data should load automatically by default.

So that I may investigate why this does not occur on your PC, please contact me with an email to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

Include a link to this thread and a copy of your trace file in the message please.
    You'll find the file I need in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    The file is named 'trace.20120311.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

Thank you for the quick response. I am not saying data is not loading. I am saying there are gaps in data if haven't loaded that specific symbol for a while. For example, I open symbol XYZ on Jan 10th, 2012. Close that chart. Re-open a chart with symbol XYZ on March 9th, 2012. It will load Jan 10th, 2012 than skip all the way to March 9th, 2012. So if I do load 50 days for example. Data will be March 9th then Jan 10th and maybe 40 days before Jan 10th. It is very strange how it doesn't reload the data to fill the gap between Jan10th and March 9th.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

Please follow up with me as per my last post however as I do still want to take a look at the diagnostic file I'd requested.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry was waiting for week to be over to deal with this problem. I took some screenshots to show you examples of what im talking about. As you can see just random chunks of historical data are missing. I have days loaded to 100 and using IQFeed data feed. I can manually reload to get them to go away but I am wondering why ninjatrader does not automatically load the data. This occurs all the time on random tickers and it is a pain when scanning hundreds of equities to have to keep checking to see if data is missing. Will send in that trace file today and hopefully this problem can be solved.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by YoungOne; 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Hello,

What happens when you right click on these charts and select "Reload all historical data"? Does the data backfill correctly?

If so, please go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> ensure "Get data from server (if available)" is checked.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes it does. I just checked and that box is checked.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOne View Post
                Sorry was waiting for week to be over to deal with this problem. I took some screenshots to show you examples of what im talking about. As you can see just random chunks of historical data are missing. I have days loaded to 100 and using IQFeed data feed. I can manually reload to get them to go away but I am wondering why ninjatrader does not automatically load the data. This occurs all the time on random tickers and it is a pain when scanning hundreds of equities to have to keep checking to see if data is missing. Will send in that trace file today and hopefully this problem can be solved.

I also think so.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ttrader23, 05-08-2024, 09:04 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ttrader23  
                Started by ZeroKuhl, Yesterday, 04:31 PM
                8 responses
                0 likes