Global cross hair bug...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global cross hair bug...

I have never been able to use this feature. What's the deal? I have a tbond weekly, and daily and set them both to global cross hair, when I move off of the daily to the weekly, the daily chart shifts to the left all the way to beginning of data. I can never get it to stay at "current bar". Is there a setting I'm missing?

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Does the daily chart hold data for the period your mouse is hovering over in the weekly chart?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, and actually, I switched from month to weekly. So that's daily and weekly. When I move the mouse over weekly, the daily chart which has 3 years of data, shifts to beginning of chart(left side).

Comment

Hi,

I, unfortunately, don't understand your setup well enough to follow.

Please provide a copy of your workspace so that I may test here.
        You'll find the workspace in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.

Please send that file to me with an email to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with a link to this thread.

Comment

Never mind, I got it thanks

Comment

Originally posted by funk101 View Post
            Never mind, I got it thanks

Can you please explain the solution as I wanted to ask the same question as having the same problem.

Comment

It was actually working I just didn't realize how. It is intuitive where if you have a week and a daily, for example, set them both to global, and put your cursor over a baqr in the weekly then move the cursor back one weekly bar and you'll see the daily cursor move 5 day bars back, etc. and vice versa. So, it may jump alot of you scroll too fast and seems like it's not working but in fact it is showing you that point in time on the daily. Hope this makes sense.

Comment

global cross hair backtracks the chart bars

I vthe issue such thta when i set two or more charts to global cross hair and then move from one chart to the other,all charts set to global begin to scroll to earlier chart data,and away from the present bars being printed.

Comment

Originally posted by laredo78676 View Post
                  I vthe issue such thta when i set two or more charts to global cross hair and then move from one chart to the other,all charts set to global begin to scroll to earlier chart data,and away from the present bars being printed.
                  Move off the chart up or down, not left or right.

Comment

I can't use the Global Cross Hairs because it makes my indicators bounce/ jerking a bit. I don't think my indicators like it so I don't use it as it seems something is wrong. Too bad because it would be a nice addition.

Comment

Hi SharonSS,

This type of behavior is indicative of a slight performance issue. It should be possible to reduce resource usage to free up additional CPU for the drawing of this cross hair cursor by applying the performance tips which are listed at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                        Hi SharonSS,

This type of behavior is indicative of a slight performance issue. It should be possible to reduce resource usage to free up additional CPU for the drawing of this cross hair cursor by applying the performance tips which are listed at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

Thank you for your reply. However, I don't think any of the issues listed on the link is the problem. I only have one workspace open at one time - didn't even know we could have more than one, but wouldn't want it anyway.

I always have my Task Manager open in my Task Bar so I can see my CPU usage. So everything seems to be in order according to the list. Computer only about a year old with plenty of Ram.

I only have either six or seven charts open. I'm wondering if the problem could be that I just do the Global Cross Hair on only three charts. ??? Maybe it doesn't like that all charts aren't set the same.

This isn't a major problem for me. I just thought I'd throw in my experience with the Global Cross Hair. I'm pretty satisfied with the NT and with my Broker (MBTrading). Having the Cross Hair would be nice, but can live without it.

Comment

Hi SharonSS,

I take it that you're using a multi-core workspace? NinjaTrader would use only a single core for most operations. This being the case, it could appear that CPU use is low generally while use of a single core is high.

This would typically not relate to RAM usage or be an issue of similarity between the charts which are used.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes