Setting "fake" positions with unmanaged orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting "fake" positions with unmanaged orders

I switched to unmanaged orders. Everything went fine except a point.

I'm working with IB and every day it auto logs off. If I keep overnight positions I need a way to set a position on the strategy to match the real position.

When I worked with managed positions it was easy. When the historical bar matched with the time and date of the real entered position I launched an market order that appeared on the strategy but it didn't send a real enter order on the market.

With unmanaged when I send a SubmiOrder, even in an historical bar it sends a real market order. Thus, I'm duplicating the real position on the market.

Any hint on how to set an historical strategy position on unmanaged orders without sending a real market order?

guillembm, are you sure the SubmitOrder call was then done on historical bar for your script? Just tested quickly here and did not see an issue submitting a SubmitOrder() on a historical CurrentBar for example to add a strategy position...
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is the code I use:

if (ToDay(Time[0]) == EnterDate && ToTime(Time[0]) == EnterTime)
      {
      MyOrder = SubmitOrder(0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Market, NumContracts, 0, 0, "", "");
      }

EnterDate and EnterTime are historical bars for sure. I set prints to check if this was correct and when the historical bar executes it does the submit but it always sends the real order

Comment

If you include a print to historical then, what would it return at the time of the SubmitOrder() call?

Comment

Sorry I think I don't understand your question.

In the text of the print I just include Print("Enter order");

The submit is executed for sure at the historical bar but it always send a live order.

Comment

Historical is a property in NinjaScript that tells you if you're processing live bars or not :

Please include this in your prints to doublecheck you're not submitting on a realtime bar accidentially.

Comment

I'm sure this doesn't happen.

I converted the same project again to managed and it does the right thing.

Comment

I'll try to make another simple strategy only with a simple submit with unmanaged to see if it works.

Comment

Yes, please do that - just create a basic script in unmanaged that would submit on a historical bar or yesterday...then set ExitOnClose to false and apply it on Sim101 - do you see any orders submitted in realtime?

Comment

Hi, I also have experienced this.
                    An unmanaged strategy placed a live order at IB from a historical bar, 3 bars from the right hand side of the chart. The order was a stop entry order, not yet filled by the end of the chart.

Attached is a snapshot of the chart. The large green bar 3rd from right is the bar ending at 12:30.
                    This time matches the time in the Output Window as when a trading signal and what should have been a virtual order should have been created.

10/30/2012 3:00:00 PM Cancelled order due to end of session handling:
                    BarsInProgress=0: Order='NT-00054/DU122562' Name='LBE1' State=Cancelled Instrument='ZC 12-12' Action=Buy Limit price=0 Stop price=763.75
                    Quantity=1 Strategy='RelTechSlicerSystem2LIVE' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='d25288fbbb184d41be27301e059f5acd' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='67da9c28e8094276a1882092cfa9ad54' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    10/31/2012 12:30:00 PM ZC 12-12 placing long breakout order at 763.75
                    10/31/2012 12:30:00 PM Entered internal SubmitOrder() method at 10/31/2012 12:30:00 PM: Action=Buy OrderType=Stop Quantity=1 LimitPrice=763.75 StopPrice=763.75 OcoId='7ec8478e27ea42c49e8f17d53382c5f3' Name='LBE1'

Yet it became a live order at IB when the strategy was launched at 9:14:44 (outside of the session template hours). Here is the information from the Log tab of the Control Centre.

10/31/2012 9:14:44 PM Order Order='2033295281/DU122562' Name='LBE1' New state=Accepted Instrument='ZC 12-12' Action=Buy Limit price=0 Stop price=763.75 Quantity=1 Type=Stop Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''
                    10/31/2012 9:14:43 PM Order Order='NT-00055/DU122562' Name='LBE1' New state=PendingSubmit Instrument='ZC 12-12' Action=Buy Limit price=0 Stop price=763.75 Quantity=1 Type=Stop Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''

Sync Account position is False.
                    Wait Until Flat Before Executing Live is True.
                    Ninja version is .10

Let me know how I can assist further in an inquiry.
                    Cheers,
                    saltminer
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks saltminer, this should have been cancelled by the end of session handling as your prior order shows - which session template is used on the ZS 120 min chart here so I could look into reproducing?

Comment

Hi,
                        Attached is screenshot of the session template. Template uses Central Time, while the computer was set to Eastern Time (USA). Bars are 120 minute on ZC.
                        saltminer
                        Attached Files

Comment

I solved the problem (after trying everything) reinstalling NT. When technology fails, restart it.

Silly but it works.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post yertle
                          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                          2 responses