Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with Backtest and Optimize dynamic menu

Dear support,
    when loading up the strategy analyzer, it takes a few minutes to generate the dynamic menu for Backtest and Optimize where I can choose the strategies... any idea why? and any idea how I can speed this up?

It is a little bit annoying to wait for 4 minutes to have this menu

Many thanks

Hi ericbenhamou,

4 minutes seems a long time to wait for this. What's happening during this time is Initialize() is called for every script. Long times could be due to misusing this handler. Check log tab of control center for any error messages, and also look at Initialize() method in your custom scripts. If there are some operations that you want done only once per strategy instance, there is dedicated handler OnStartUp() designed for this instead:

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RyanM
      How can I check log tab of control center?
      Also, I have put all my code in a base class, and all other are just inherited classes. Is there a way in a sense to have one single class and multiple instances with parameters without having to derive classes

Comment

Log tab is right-most on control center. Click on it to see its contents.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you've done exactly with your strategies. It's best to work within the existing framework, and not add additional structure unless you are sure it won't break something or cause unintended consequences. Each distinct strategy should be created separately through Tools > New NinjaScript > Strategy menu. If there are any bar calculations you need to do frequently, then create new indicators through Tools > New NinjaScript > Indicator menu. If there are other tasks you need to do frequently, you can create custom methods in the UserDefinedMethods.cs file, which exists separately for indicators/strategies.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Support,
          found the problem. It was in the templates xml files. The issue was that I copied and paste some of the template and the value in the ParameterTypeSerializable tag was not good.
          I have fixed it!

<ParameterTypeSerializable>NinjaTrader.Strategy.Ba rTradeEnum, 751710b6b2e7405ca1059fcf535b1c26, Version=7.0.1000.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null</ParameterTypeSerializable>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Jquiroz1975