Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresh chart function

Hi;
    Just wondering if there is a Refresh Chart function?

I have a workbook where I display several timeframes of the same instrument. Sometimes when I start my trading day, all chart data is displayed on most of the charts, but there could be one that misses some data, e.g. all displayed on 5 min, 15 min and 60 min, but some bars missing on 240 min chart.

I can now either

1) Reload history (not a good option as my datafeed is from IB and I exceed the max history load for the chart trying to load 360 days)

2) Change the timeframe to 60 min then back via dataseries properties to 240 min. Timeconsuming as I need to edit the dataseries rather than having 240 min available in the toolbar.

Just wondering if there is another option, like Refresh chart, that simply refreshes the chart based on the current history.

If not can this be added as development request together with

- having 240 min available in timeframe list
    - another handy feature would be to be able to reload history only for a limited number of bars/hours or days rather than having to reload everything, which when connected to IB can cause problems as the load exceed the max alllowed history.

Thanks
    Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your post.

The second option is currently the best way to address this issue in your case. I will forward the suggestion on to our development staff for further consideration as you outlined - the feedback is appreciated!
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes