eSignal Symbol CAN Z0-CD in Instrument Mngr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal Symbol CAN Z0-CD in Instrument Mngr

I need to create and connect to eSignal Symbol " CAN Z0-CD " in Instrument Manager using NT v7.0.1000.9.
    I have read related posts on Exchanges and formatting Symbol creation in NT Instrument Manager.

This related symbol strings may be found at this link in eSignal http://quotes.esignal.com/esignalprod/search.action
    using search values
    Keywords: "CAN" Type: "Treasuries" Exchange Name: "All Futures and Treasury Exchanges".
    The eSignal symbol search yields a list of related symbols as follows:

CAN Z0-CD CAN,COUPON RATE IS 3.250,MATUR CD Future
    CAN Z3-CD CAN,COUPON RATE IS 4.000,MATUR CD Future
    CAD@CDAB A0-FX CANADA DOLLAR FXC Future

Note the "CD" suffix used by eSignal refers to the custom exchange "CANDEAL Treasuries", an Electronic exchange in Canada owned by the TSX exchange.
    Note2 that eSignal has elected to use a futures as Type and an outdated Period identifier for this symbol that does not change:"Z0".

I am hoping you will not inform me that NT may consider an update to this exchange in their next version - or worse.

Q. Is there any detailed workaround that I might consider to "trick" this symbol into your Instrument Manager for eSignal data?

Mike Holder
    Decision Technologies Inc.
    Toronto Ont. Canada

Hello,

Unfortunately we would not support the custom symbol mapping that is used for this particular product at this time.

However I will forward this to development to consider adding in a potential future version.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

re. eSignal Symbol CAN Z0-CD in Instrument Mngr

Thank you Matthew, for your answer re.custom symbol mapping not available in NT7.
      This was in reply to my enquiry about eSignal symbol "CAN Z0-CD" in NT7.

Matthew please Note,
      I CAN generate this eSignal custom symbol for live feed in a TradeStation chart.

Q. Would the Custom symbol mapping limitation apply if I was to enable the symbol via the NINJATRADER.ELD method from a TradeStation chart?
      I am not sure whether that might involve a more direct capture of the TS data set from the chart's ELD itself, that bypasses NT7 symbol mapping limitations. Can you comment?

A related question is whether anybody has created a NINJATRADER.ELA version to work with TradeStation 2000i? I found many requests and no sources,

thanks again,
      Mike Holder, Toronto.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses