Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What happens if NinjaTrader and Broker position is not in sync?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens if NinjaTrader and Broker position is not in sync?

Let's say NinjaTrader (NT) positions tab is showing long 2 corn position. but then due to a power outage I'm forced to call my broker and close the long 2 position (via telephone) such that now i am flat corn at my broker (in my live account). but when i start NT again once the power has been restored NT is still showing that i am long 2 corn. Question is how does NT handle this scenario? Does NT do a NT/broker sync test at 4:30 pm central time each day, or some other time of the day or night? if so what time(s) does this happen? also does NT check that positions are in sync every hour or so? Due to placing order at broker via telephone, if the new flat corn position at broker shows up in patsystems within 20 seconds, how long will it take for this new flat corn position to show up in NT positions window (due to a sync operation taking place within NT every "x" minutes)? Thanks in advance. Regards, Rod.

Rocket,

NinjaTrader generally is always querying your brokers servers for your account status. As such it would most likely be in sync with what you said immediately, there is a negligible delay between times NinjaTrader queries your account status from your brokers servers.

This is dependent upon which broker you have however as some have different procedures for handling it.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 03-19-2012, 08:18 AM.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok. that sounds nice. also, if both NT positions tab and live broker account was flat, and then I placed an order via telephone to buy 1 crude oil contract, lets say this phone order took 30 seconds to show up in patsystems and also my live broker account. would this phone order also show up in NT as a buy order. i know the position will show up in NT(As you said in your reply post), but how about the order details itself, will these order details show up in NT "order tab" too?

Comment

Rocket,

Generally manually placed order that are outside of NinjaTrader lack some details for management on your end. Any orders placed by NinjaTrader however would be able to be managed by the software.

Comment

Thank you for you reply and help. I just tested this. To start with, NT was flat eurodollars and broker was flat eurodollars. Then I called my broker and "bought 1 June 2012 eurodollar at market". This phone order showed up in my broker account (Via a web login to "my account") within 15 seconds. But this order has not showed up in NT yet and its been 12 minutes since it showed up in my broker account. So NT position and broker position has been "out of sync" for 12 minutes. I also disconnected and re-connected to my broker to see if this would make a difference, but it did not. Is this normal behaviour? How can I fix this problem? Thank you in advance.
          Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-18-2012, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Rocket,

Who is your data provider? Is it a demo account?

Comment

It's a live trading account, not a demo. my broker is R. J. O'Brien (Pats). I called them and they said that a phone order will only show up after server maintenance at 4:50 pm Central time, so i could have to wait hours and hours for my position to show up in NT positions tab window. im not real happy about this, is there anything ninja can do to get this fixed up, like call the broker and ask them to fix the problem? This could cause a huge disaster as NT will not know the broker position, causing a position mis-match / out of sync for hours upon hours.
              Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-19-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately nothing can be done at this time. I will send the request to development on this.for them to look into our next major release of NinjaTrader which is still sometime down the road however.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes