Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possible for Yahoo data to be split/dividend adjusted by default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I was already thinking along those lines but it has to be done with hundreds of symbols on a daily basis so manually editing is not an option.

One thing that could work is a separate downloader that downloads from Yahoo the whole list of symbols in one big text file. I could then write a program to manipulate this file into NT formatted files and import the whole thing at once into NT. In that case the daily work would be limited (it would take some time every day but at least it is then mostly automated).

Does somebody has a suggestion for a dowloader that can do mass import of historical data from Yahoo (multiple symbols at once and critically: includes the "Adjusted Close" field) into a textfile? I don't know how to interface with yahoo but manipulating a textfile such that NL can import it is not very difficult.

Comment

Unfortunately I am not aware of such a downloader. Perhaps other users might have a suggestion.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I may have found a workaround solution already. Just tested a very old download program that I bought in 2007 and haven't used for ages: HQuote Pro. It can mass-download a whole list of symbols from Yahoo at once and a quick check shows that it does the stocksplits and dividend adjustment correctly . It exports Metastock ASCII so I should be able to import that in NT.

Comment

Hi Firefly, did your workaround solution work? I'd love to have easy access to dividend/split adjusted stocks for backtesting purposes. Thanks!

Comment

Is there a reason some features are only available on GUI but not on CLI

Hello Ninja Trader Team,

There are many features available on Graphic User Interface but not on Command Line Interface. For instance, update of split and dividend, historical download, update etc.

Is there a reason?

If a API call is available for GUI what will prevent it to be called from Command Line?

Thanks
            Hung

Comment

Hello qhvu66,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "Command Line Interface"? Are you attempting to call from a NinjaScript object or are you trying to pass arguments from the Windows Command Prompt to NinjaTrader?
              Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary,

Thanh you for feedback. By Command Line Interface I mean any kind of possibility for scripting or batch file.

Function Call from NinjaScript is fine.

But also Function call from DOS
                "C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe" <option to do something>

Or COM Object for calling from Windows Powershell to do something.

The Goal is to run repeating tasks, what can be done with GUI but 10 or 100 times that is very frustrating while we know computer does the job hundred times better and faster.

I would love to see more possibilities and tools.

Regards
                Hung

Comment

Hello qhvu66,

I have submitted your query as a feature request. We highly value customer feedback on how we can improve our product.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                  Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Leafcutter  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes