Market Replay Window Not Visible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Window Not Visible

I've had the "Record for Market Replay" checkbox selected for quite a while.
    When I connect to the Market Replay Connection, I show "Connected-Market Replay" at the bottom of the Control Center. There are no errors in the log. The Market Replay window doesn't show and it isn't listed in the NT window list on the toolbar. I tried a Database Repair, but that didn't solve the problem.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please shut down NinjaTrader and open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.

Delete the file named '_Workspaces' then restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to replay.

The control window should appear after making this change.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, that worked.
      If I could ask you another question:
      I deleted some strategies that I had leased from different vendors. They are no longer showing in the strategies window.
      I then went to delete the assemblies. When I hit each delete, the assembly didn't disappear and I didn't receive any error message.
      The log shows me that the assemblies are still loading; however, now the Strategies line in the chart pop-up is grayed out. I opened one of my own strategies, re-compiled and re-started NT. The word Strategy is still grayed out.
      I would like to delete the assemblies and restore the Strategy line in the pop up.
      Thanks.

Comment

sgordet, how did you delete the assemblies please? Via File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript assembly?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes. That's exactly how I deleted them.

Comment

Thanks, so would they now still show in this menu after your deletion? If not, then please run a repair / compact of the database under Tools > Options > Data and then recheck your chart after a restart.

Comment

I repaired the database and re-started.
              "Strategies..." is still grayed out on all of the charts and all of the assemblies are all still listed in the Remove Assemblies dialogue.

Comment

Then either please close the charts using the strategies down or connect to a feed and disable ChartTrader so you could remove those strategy instances from your charts. Once done, remove them again through File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript dialog.

Comment

I don't think any of those strategies are on my charts. Most of the assemblies have the same names as strategies that I've deleted through the Edit Strategy dialogue in the control center. There are eight assemblies, five of which have the same names as strategies that I've deleted and aren't on any of my charts. The other three assemblies that I couldn't delete have names that I don't recognize: jabber-net, nelib.DNS, zlib.net.

Comment

sgordet, to clairfy the moving parts : assemblies are not editable or accessible - they would represent compiled code versions of NinjaScript objects - if you can edit the files and access their code you would deal with the cs source code actually.

If you either connect to a feed or disable the ChartTrader interface - can you then successfully access your strategies context menu again?

Comment

I'm connected to IQ Feed. If I disconnect, the strategies are still grayed out in the window pop-up. I don't know how to disable the chart trader interface.
                      Since most or all of the CS strategies have been deleted through the Edit Strategies dialogue (I don't know about the three that have different names than any strategy I remember), are the assembly listings just listings without any code behind them?

Comment

Ok, please stay connected to your IQFeed connection and then press the 5 button from right in the chart top caption bar, this would disable ChartTrader - you could then access the strategy selection again from the chart. If you have been deleting them from the edit interface the strategy itself was not from an assembly, but could have been using methods / indicators which are for example installed as such.

Comment

Thanks. Stupid of me. It's been awhile since I used strategies, and I completely forgot that I needed to disable the Chart Trader.
                          Now, how do I get rid of the assemblies. None of them correlate with any indicator or strategy names that I have currently in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by sgordet View Post
                            Thanks. Stupid of me. It's been awhile since I used strategies, and I completely forgot that I needed to disable the Chart Trader.
                            Now, how do I get rid of the assemblies. None of them correlate with any indicator or strategy names that I have currently in the system.
                            Glad to hear we could reactivate the stratagies context menu for you - for the assemblies: could they be used by indicators / strategies that you run open code? If you can't install them via File > Utilities > Remove...then please contact me via Help > Mail to Support so I could directly follow up with you on that matter.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly  
                            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                            4 responses