What are the Kinetick index / internals symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the Kinetick index / internals symbols

Where can I get a complete list of the indexes and internal market data symbols for Kinetick?

I know about ^TICK, ^TRIN, ^ADV, ^DECL, ^DVOL, ^UVOL, etc. The specific ones I need at the moment, but do not know, are new highs and new lows. I'd really like to see the whole list, if only so I do not have to ask here the next time I need a symbol.

I have looked at http://www.kinetick.com/market-metrics, but those symbols do not seem to be supported under NT.

I have also looked at http://www.ninjatrader.com/NinjaTrad...ported-Indexes, but that does not include new highs and new lows. I know that page is incomplete, because ^RUT and ^VIX are recognized, but not listed on that page.

Thanks,
    EV
    Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 03-18-2012, 10:06 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The instruments listed at the link you provided are supported, but would need to be configured manually.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    • Press the "OK" button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Kyle

Thanks, Kyle

It is working fine now. As I understand it, updating the product or doing a "Reset Instruments" will not affect any instruments I add. They will, however, erase any changes I may have made to instruments that were shipped. Is that right?

Thanks,
      EV

Comment

Hi EV,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm happy to hear that this did the trick.

Your understanding of the reset function is correct - unique instruments would be left untouched, but any changes to existing instruments would be reset.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post XXtrader  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes