Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy settings saved in workspace.xml?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy settings saved in workspace.xml?

When I set up a chart with a strategy on it and save that chart in a workspace.xml file, is the strategy that I put onto the chart (and its parameters) saved in the workspace? I don't mind if the strategy comes up disabled when I restart the workspace. If not, then how do I save a chart with its strategy on in so that next time I start up NT, the strategy is already on the chart and set up (disabled)?

I use the same strategy on several instruments, so I can't just use the Strategy default parameters on all of them, since you can't save default parameters for each individual instrument.

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

The strategy applied is saved so that it will be there when you restart and simply need to be enabled.

-Brett

Comment

That's what I thought too. But after running some strategies over night, I came back this morning and there were no strategies at all on the chart. Weird. I will investigate and let you know if I can figure out what that happened.

Also, can you tell me... is there a way to save multiple defaults for the same strategy? As in -- can I have a parameter that says "Save as..." or something and type in a file name to save its settings, and then a "Load..." as a parameter to load that saved file?

Bryan
      cassb

Comment

Hello,

Make sure you check the strategies tab in the control center as well and I would recommend enabling it on the charts instead of the strategies tab.

Finally as far as the defaults unfortunately only one default currently. I will submit this request into development.

I know some third parties have developed code to load settings from an INI file you select when you click the ... button. However this would be unsupported and I'm not sure where you would find code examples on writings your one .ini file and reading settings from it to load into the parameters.

-Brett

Comment

Yeah, I don't use the Strategies Tab at all - I do it directly on the chart.

I know -- I have seen other vendors with the Save and Load parameters. I'll see if I can tease it out of them how they do that in the code. :-)

Thanks Brett.
          cassb

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM