Security Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Issues

Presumably, NT v5.x is or will be reporting our trading activity back to NT or someone. Would like to know exactly who will bereceiving what information and when, andwill trade info be transmitted generically (i.e.; collected without being associated with a specific NT user) or will our account info be transmitted back as well.

If you'll be addressing this issue in your early December notice, I can wait. Otherwise, please let us know when convenient.

Thank you.

al_gorithm

imported post

This depends on if your broker is collecting royalty payments or not. We will publish a list of supporting broker/fcms by year end. If your broker is collecting royalties then there is not activity being reported. If NT has to collect royalties then executions are reported to NT as they happen in real-time. Yes, execution is reported along with your license id. This information is used in the event that TT audits NinjaTrader. This information is required by TT for audit purposes. This information is submitted to an indpendant 3rd party auditor under NDA.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

NinjaTrader Wrote: This depends on if your broker is collecting royalty payments or not. We will publish a list of supporting broker/fcms by year end. If your broker is collecting royalties then there is not activity being reported. If NT has to collect royalties then executions are reported to NT as they happen in real-time. Yes, execution is reported along with your license id. This information is used in the event that TT audits NinjaTrader. This information is required by TT for audit purposes. This information is submitted to an indpendant 3rd party auditor under NDA.

Since our account numbers and login info, including passwords are held by NT, my main concern was whether or not any of this information would be transmitted along with an execution report. I can't imagine why that would be necessary, but I need to ask.

Ray, sometime before the forced switch to NT5, I think we should be told exactly what information will be transmitted (justX number ofcontracts traded or the specifics of a trade, e.g.; instrument, prices, long/short, etc.). It's certainly understandable why some information needs to be divulged, however, since the info really belongs to us, I think we have a right to know exactly what and specifically to whom it will be transmitted and be assured via a NDA that we have some security and recourse as well.

Thank you.

al_gorithm

P.S. From what I've seen you've done a marvelous job with NT5. Looking forward to making the switch.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin