Channels and trendlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channels and trendlines

I'm having 2 recurring issues with drawing objects.

1. I use 5 range charts of the same contract with different values. Often the trendlines I create in one range chart appear up to 50 ticks away from where I placed the trendline in one chart. I understand there can be tiny discrepancies due to magnification but this isn't the case. These lines will be touching the price bars in one chart and in another be still 50 ticks away from price.

2. Often when I use trend channels they shift on their own after closing and restarting NT. The range and starting location seems to be the same, but the angle is COMPLETELY altered.

Is anyone else having the same issues? Any idea why this is happening?

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.9? You can check this under Help--> About.

1) Do you mean you use 5 physical range charts, or you're using several charts that are all 5 Range charts? Can you please clarify what values are you using?

Do these trend lines shift or change if you change the scaling of the time axis?

2) Is the angle altered on both lines, or only one? Do you "lock" the draw object after it's been drawn?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew. Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm on the NT 64-bit 7.0.1000.9

1. I meant the former. 5 different physical range charts each with a different range. I'm using 89 34 21 13 and 4. If I change the time axis the trendlines do shift correctly with the chart.

2. Yes, the angle is altered on both the upper and lower lines so the channel remains a parallel channel. And from what I can tell it is still the same "size". And no, I don't lock the channel. Perhaps maybe I should in the future if that's the solution to my problem.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, please try locking these objects and let me know if they're still shifting.

For the first item, can you please email your current workspace file so I can test further?

To save a copy of your workspace, please go to File--> Workspace--> Save "Workspace As..." and Save this workspace with the name "Support".

You will find your workspace under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\Support.xml

Please attach this workspace XML document to an email address to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com 'Attn: Matthew' and I can look into this further.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes