Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to refer back the candle in set 1 of Strategy Wizard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello bijan,
    You have set Variable0 == Variable1 in condition Set2. Please set it as Variable0 == 1 as shown in the screenshot. Also in condition Set 3 you have set Variable1 == Variable1. Please change it to Variable1 == 1 as shown in the the screenshot.

Please see the attached picture which demonstrates how to set the value of Variable1 to a numeric value of 1.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    Attached Files
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried it using Variable0 equal to numeric value 1 and it still won't link them together. The only way I can link set 1 to set 2 is as shown in the photos below:
      Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

But using this method I don't seem to be able to do a step further and link 3 sets together. Please review what I have posted and get back to me. Thank you.

Comment

Hello bijan,

By default the value of Variable[x] are 0 (zero). Thus the if your condition meets the criteria then you have to assign a value other than zero.

You are comparing Variable0 == Variable1. Since Variable0 is zero (whether or not your condition is met or not) and Variable1 is also zero (by default) it will be always true.

Again you should compare the Variable[x] with a number as shown here http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...0&d=1333375793

Comment

I think I am seeing what could be the issue. Perhaps the issue is my assumption that when the SMAs cross below in the strategy you made as an example then it should negate their cross above but in reality the program looks only for the cross above once and once that condition has happened it no longer cares and goes to the ADX to see what is the value of that. Am I correct?

Furthermore, to correct this and make the program actually negate the cross above of the SMAs once they cross below a new set of conditions need to be created and linked into the chain.

If all I have said here are correct, I tried to make the SMAs cross below invalidate their cross above by creating a new set 2 as following, but it did not make any difference:
          Last edited by bijan; 04-02-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Hello bijan,
            Nothing is negated parse. If a certain condition gets triggered then the if condition raises a flag that it got a match.

Please go through this help file here which discusses the basic conceptual aspects of programming http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...g_concepts.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM