Collapse

Simulation margin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it in that case we needed to double our 3000 to 6000 or reduce cash value down by half as excess equity once this runs to 0 no more trades are allowed. It starts at 2 times cash value this is a hard set default in NinjaTader. Therefor 10k in an account is 20k of buying power.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Got it in that case we needed to double our 3000 to 6000 or reduce cash value down by half as excess equity once this runs to 0 no more trades are allowed. It starts at 2 times cash value this is a hard set default in NinjaTader. Therefor 10k in an account is 20k of buying power.

-Brett
      Given the fact that I would need to reset the account any time I want to change margin, and that using the instrument-specific margin seems to work, for my needs it would probably be best to use the settings you described (which seem to essentially turn off restrictions on margin), and use the value I need in the instrument specific tab. Yes?

Comment

Sure this is no problem.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          It is not currently possible to set the margin per instrument - it will only apply per account.
          I am currently evaluating whether Ninjatrader will provide the framework I need to move forward on my project.

I just wanted to weigh in on this thread (and a few others) to identify this point as a barrier to using Ninjatrader for my project.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion - I was incorrect in the original post. This is possible as per post #4:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Will a simulated Limit option be available in NT 8?

Also, what would be a unsupported code sample to replace regular Limit Orders in a Strategy to effectively tell in to have NT cancel the stop order and submit a immediate market order should a Limit price be reached (thereby only requiring 1 margin deduction from the broker)...in particular I am talking about MB Trading (FOREX) in my case?

Comment

We do not know for sure at this time if simulated limit orders will be available in the next major version.

Can you clarify the scenario you're looking at? Do you have working limit and stop orders at this time?
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Margin is charged 2 times by brokers (like MBT) if you enter and then have have a limit and a stop (3 total in, stop, and limit orders). If the limit could be simulated (like the simulated stop) then, we could have the initial order plus the stop (2 total with the broker) thereby only needing 1 margin....When price hits a limit price, then it could cancel the stop and executed a market order and close the trade...so, it would help with that...

Other benefits like not showing your order in the system as well etc as it would be on NT til price hit it or touched etc.

Do you know of a workaround which I can include in my strategy code to effectively do the same thing now...

In other words have code to say something like (instead of a limit order being placed)...if a a price that is x ticks away from the entry price (say 50 ticks), then cancel the stop order and immediately submit a market order...what code would do that for a strategy (supported or unsupported is ok)?

Greg

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post zstheorist  
                  Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes