Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT stops running

Hello,

I'm using NT7 with Zen-Fire connection. I run my program a lot as I use the Gomi Recorder to record tick data for cumulative delta. Lately, it's been quitting and needs to be restarted. I'd rather not have to do a full re-install if it can be avoided. I'm currently doing some computer maintenance, i.e. Windows updates, see if needs defragging, etc. Please advise on the NT problem.

TIA

Hello shali27,

Thank you for your note.

To clarify, is it the recorder of NinjaTrader which quits unexpectedly? We do see performance issues with the Gomi addons quite commonly - it would likely help to reduce what is being recorded here.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

The whole NT program seizes up. It only started doing this recently. I'll remove some of the recording charts and see if it helps. I'll also shut down unneeded workspaces.

Comment

I really don't think this is caused by the overuse of resources. I have an excellent CPU but somewhat limited RAM (it'll only take 3 gigs with the Windows 7 32 bit OS), though this hasn't been a problem in the past. I've updated all Windows updates except for the Microsoft 2010 Visual Studio SP1, which seems to have some problems. I try to keep the load on RAM at a minimum, and this is a recent problem. Please advise. I've had problems like this in the past, and may need to re-install.

Comment

Hello shali27,

Please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of today's trace file.
          You'll find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
          The file which I need would be named 'trace.20120412.txt'.

Comment

Kyle,

I haven't been trading lately. I'll try to send you this info next week so you can see what's going on.

Comment

This problem is still ongoing. I currently only have five charts open in the Gomi recorder workspace, recording a minimum amount of data, and the platform will still freeze up, esp. at the open. I may not have any other workspaces open and it still does it. I sent the requested info to tech support but he was unable to see any problems. I've had this happen before and I think I needed to do a re-install. I get tired of doing re-installs but may have to succumb. I'm not sure what would be causing this.

Comment

Hello shali27,

As I mentioned earlier, performance issues such as those you're seeing here do occur commonly when the GOMI add-ons are used with NinjaTrader. Unfortunately, the only way to reduce the frequency of the freezes is to reduce what is being loaded in to memory.

Comment

This happens even when what is being loaded into memory is at a bare minimum, and not even taxing my RAM or CPU. I monitor these carefully with the gadget provided by Windows. Furthermore, it wasn't happening in the past. And I'm not using a lot of the Gomi indicators, only two plus the recorder on a minimum of charts with very limited data in each chart.

Comment

Hi,

My recommendation would be that you delete the GOMI addons in full and re-test. Make no other changes to your workspace - I'd expect that you'll not encounter any issues.

Unfortunately, these addons use several non-supported functions which can and often do freeze NinjaTrader as resource requests increase.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post elirion
                    by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                    0 responses