Very Disappointed......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Disappointed......

I came across an advertisement declaring that we could use FREE Ninjtrader as a FREE platform. Paying version would be when actually trading, which makes sense...

I have installed the 64bit version 7, and the prg is asking me a key to get it.

Typing whatever I finally got in, but this platform turns to be for "simulation" only?? ??

NASDAQ shows only 100 $stocks, it is not possible to enter / search my own $stock.

Can anyone correct me

Thank you.

NinjaTrader Connectivity Providers:

"NinjaTrader is a FREE application when used for advanced charting, market analytics, system development and trade simulation. NinjaTrader can currently be used with any of the following Brokerage or Market data connectivity providers."

http://www.terminusa.com/NinjaTrader/nt.html
    It doesn't say "only based on 100 NASDAQ $stocks".

Last edited by ellobo; 03-26-2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

New Google Adapter
      Get free historical and delayed streaming data from www.google.com.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrader7-features

Only 100 NASDAQ $stocks to choose from??

Comment

Hello ellobo,

Yes, the free version is limited to trade in simulation (sim101) only. If you like to trade an external account whether live or demo, a subscription (live license key) is required.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

•From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
        •Press the "New" button
        •Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
        •Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
        •Press the "OK" button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

•Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
        •Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
        •Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
        •Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

The SP500 and Dow stock lists are available by default besides the Nasdaq. You can find them in the Instrument Manager. Please see the following link for information regarding the Instrument Manager.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the prompt answer. Sorry but it didn't work. Fisrt step went ok, but I didn't find "Instrument list" left corner, or anywhere else.

Comment

Hello ellobo,

Please see the link below to remove and add instruments to instrument lists in the Instrument Manager.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
            0 responses