Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Data Providers Question..

Hi,

I am wanting to use both Zenfire(For trading) and Esignal for historical data.
    I set up zenfire account settings to use zenfire, and no back up feed, and select use other feed for history
    Then I add esignal

When I start ninja, I start Zenfire connection then start esignal connection

I am seeing very weird behaviour.

when I try to load PA 06-12 for 1000 bars, on a daily chart, the control center shows its loading data all the way back from 2004, and then finishes and show zero bars on the chart.
    If I change to 60 minute, it only pulls in part of the data, leaving off the last couple weeks.

My question, am I configured wrong?
    I've also tried the PA ##-## symbol to see if that would affect things, but it seems to be reading Esignals #f contracts but populates nothing into ninja.

Any thoughts?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Just to be clear, you connect first to Zen-Fire or eSignal? You should be connecting to eSignal first in this case to ensure that all data comes from this connection.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me, was late so let me clarify.

I am having issues retrieving historical data from zenfire alone. real time seems to work but zenfire historical is sporatic, it will work for 2 days then stop bringing in historical data when I change a symbol on a chart.

So I opted to put esignal in place for historical data only, as such I am not subscribed to esignal realtime, but only delayed data for futures.

So my assumption is Zenfire would retrieve the realtime bar being created, and then esignal would retrieve the histrorical information.

This may be an error in my approach, please let me know.

I found that I have to have zenfire opened first for all my trade data(on open trades) to populate correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

The connection can be configured to operate in this manner.

First, please modify the connection by clicking Tools > Account Connections, selecting the Zen-Fire connection and clicking Change. In the Connection Wizard, disable historical data in this connection.

From here forward, you'll simply want to connect to Zen-Fire before connecting to eSignal. This will ensure that all real-time data comes from the Zen-Fire connection while granting you access to eSignal's historical data.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Thanks. That is exactly how it is configured currently, but I am getting the problem as described above in the PA example. It does seem to be symbol related. Would be curious if you could reproduce the problem with symbol PA, and let me know if you get different results.

I have concern the zenfire feed may be having issues due to qwest dns issues or routing issues, I once noticed it was routing through servers in texas to get to the zenfire servers, 7 tick I think it was.

thanks

Comment

Hello Philli4093,

Can you please connect to eSignal first so all requested historical data is loaded. Once historical data is loaded in NinjaTrader, it is saved automatically. Disconnect eSignal and connect to Zen-Fire first and eSignal second. You will receive real-time data from Zen-Fire which is combined with the historical data you loaded from eSignal.

When I tested just Zen-Fire as per historical data for the PA instrument, it loaded as expected. I did not test historical data up to 2004 - just one year of historical daily data.

If the issue remains, please proceed as follows. Exit NinjaTrader and go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check if data is loaded as expected.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, will give it a try...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM