Aborting a backtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aborting a backtest

When attempting to abort a back test, the abort progress bar stalls and appears to hang, and the message "Aborting,Please wait..." appears without ever clearing? Is this a bug or have I missed a step?

Hello ron7797,

Can you please tell me if you are able to reproduce the issue. If so, what strategy did you backtest and how much historical data did you request?

Do you notice a difference if you abort the SampleMACrossOver strategy during a backtest?

What NinjaTrader version do you have installed? You can check the NinjaTrader version at Control Center-->Help-->About (7.0.1000.X). Make sure you have our latest version (7.0.1000.9). If not, you can download and install the latest version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed when you install the new version.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
      Thank you for your reply.
      I am using the NT Multi Broker, latest version.
      I had requested 2 months of end of day ES data via the KInetick connection and was using, alternately, the two sample strategies. When the back test request did not seem to achieve any results within a reasonable time frame on a brand new Falcon 37x with an SSD primary drive, I attempted to abort on both occasions, and that's when the problem arose. Shutting down NT7 and rebooting resulted in resolution of the apparent abort crash.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I will need to find a reproducible scenario to further troubleshoot the issue. Are you able to reproduce the crash if you perform the same backtest?

Comment

While I certainly could try it once again, I did try the back test 3 times last night followed by an abort attempt with the same result. So from that perspective it certainly was reproducible.

Comment

Can you please tell me what strategy you backtested and what settings you used. Please setup the strategy settings as yesterday and take a screenshot, so I can perform the same backtest on my end.

Please check if you experience the issue when backtesting the SampleMACrossOver strategy.

Comment

OK, will do.
              I am using a Mac keyboard--I have a Mac Pro and the Falcon connected to the same mouse, keyboard and monitor via a KVM switch--and cannot seem to get the print screen command to work.

Absent the ability to copy the setup, I did a repair DB and that seems to have resolved the problem for the present time, in that the back test is now working. But since the process was so fast I did not have the time to request an abort and cannot determine if that issue remains. Hopefully it's future use will not be required.
              Thank you for your assistance.
              Last edited by ron7797; 03-28-2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

This is a little old post, but the same is happening to me with NT 7.0.1

In my case the way to reproduce the error is easy. If you are running a strategy and your connection gets lost then you are stuck in the 'Loading data...' message, if you try to abort that, then you will be stuck in the 'Aborting' message.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hello yakito,

I am not able to produce this.

What NinjaTrader version do you have installed? You can check the NinjaTrader version at Control Center-->Help-->About (7.0.1000.X).

Also, are you using the SampleMACrossOver?
                  JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. I am using NT 7.0.1000.15

The "Aborting. Please wait..." message will stay there forever. I have to close NT and open it again in order to make it work.

My data source is TDA.

Comment

Hello yakito,

Thanks for the information. I was able to reproduce a message being displayed in the lower right corner of the Control Center window but I am also able to rerun the Strategy Analyzer test and get results.

Are you able to get results after this happens?

Happy to be of further assistance.
                      JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aussugardefender  
                      Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                      14 responses