Displaying company name on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying company name on chart

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to display the company name somewhere on the chart? Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

NinjaTrader features the option to enter a custom label for your chart that you could use to enter a company name.

To do this right click on your chart and select Data Series
    Locate Label to the right and enter the company name you would like to display on the chart
    Select Apply and OK

Now at the top left of your chart there will be a label with the company name.

Below I have provided a link to the How to edit Data Series parameters section of our online help guide.

If there is anything further I may assist you with don't hesitate to ask.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,

That's not quite what I'm looking for. I was viewing a chart for F and entered "Ford" in the label and the name "Ford" showed up properly on the title bar. Then, when I switched the chart to IBM, it still displayed "Ford" in the title bar. I use this chart constantly during the day to display different stocks, so this isn't the solution.

Is there a tag I can put in that format field to get the instrument's description from the Instrument database? Or, is there another way to get instrument data onto the chart? Is it possible to create an indicator that returns the instrument description, and put that indicator on the chart?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

To have the description display and update with symbol changes would require NinjaScript.

If you are not a NinjaScript developer and need help with this you could contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to help develop this for you.
        Below I have provided a link to our NinjaScript partners.

If there is anything further I may assist you with don't hesitate to ask.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,

I have no problem writing NinjaScript, I just need a clue to point me in the right direction. What do I need to make the NinjaScript do? Do I need to create an instrument that returns Instrument.MasterInstrument.Description? If yes, then how do I get the chart to display an indicator text value on the chart?

Comment

Originally posted by egan857 View Post
            Hi Brandon,

I have no problem writing NinjaScript, I just need a clue to point me in the right direction. What do I need to make the NinjaScript do? Do I need to create an instrument that returns Instrument.MasterInstrument.Description? If yes, then how do I get the chart to display an indicator text value on the chart?
            You need to use DrawText() or DrawTextFixed() to display Instrument.MasterInstrument.Name

Comment

Hi koganam,

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. It was so simple: an indicator with a one-liner in the OnBarUpdate section:

DrawTextFixed("CompanyName",Instrument.MasterInstr ument.Description,TextPosition.TopLeft);

Then all I had to do was put the indicator in the chart. Piece of cake. Couldn't have done it without you, koganam.

Comment

Originally posted by egan857 View Post
                Hi koganam,

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. It was so simple: an indicator with a one-liner in the OnBarUpdate section:

DrawTextFixed("CompanyName",Instrument.MasterInstr ument.Description,TextPosition.TopLeft);

Then all I had to do was put the indicator in the chart. Piece of cake. Couldn't have done it without you, koganam.
                Hi Can you share this indicator please! I have no experience writing ninja

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses
                1 view