Re-connects to Zenfire but not Broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-connects to Zenfire but not Broker

Computer is connected to broker and data feed, all is working. I leave for more than 30 minutes and computer goes into sleep mode. I return, move the mouse, charts appear and verbal message Connection Lost with same in red on Control Center. After a few seconds, data feed re-connects but Control Center message remains red. Re-connection to broker does not occur automatically; must go to File>Disconnect>Connect. New computer, new operating system Windows 7.

Hello,

If the adapter is not disconnected but the connection is interrupted by the PC hibernating, it can prevent the adapter from reestablishing connection properly after receiving from hibernation.

The solution here would be to either set your PC to never hibernate/sleep, or to manually disconnect the adapter when leaving for an extended period.

It is fine to allow your monitor to turn off after a period of inactivity, however allowing the hard drive/memory to enter hibernation can prevent the adapter from restoring connection properly.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Matthew.
      Can you help me understand the "adapter" issue? Is "sleep" and "hibernating" the same? When this "sleep" or "stand by" situation occurred with my old computer using Windows XP, both the data feed and the broker connection re-connected automatically.

Comment

Hello,

No - sleep and hibernation are not the same thing.

If you were seeing different behavior on another PC, you might want to try checking the power options on that PC and matching them on your new setup.

Below is a link from Microsoft which contains more information on this subject and troubleshooting tips:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes