Displaying only the most recent value of an indicator on a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying only the most recent value of an indicator on a chart

Hi, I have an indicator that changes values constantly through the day and would like to add it to my chart. But, I don't want to chart the historical values, just display the current value. Is there a way to calculate the current value only on the chart? The value does not need to change once it's displayed.

Do you need historical bars info for it to calculate? Otherwise you could just set the value on the first realtime bar you enable it on - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...historical.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

No, it would not require historical bars for the calculation. I don't understand the reference to the Historical link, though.

The indicator in question is relative volume. It determines a factor between 0 and 1 based on the time of day (it's not completely linear), and then uses the following calculation:

(volumeToday / (avgDailyVolume * timeFactor))

The result is a prediction of how many shares this stock will trade by the end of the day based on the time of day and current volume. A value of 1 means that the stock will end the day with its average daily volume; a value of 1.2 means that it will end the day with 20% above its average daily volume. The value of this indicator changes during the day, but I don't care about its past values.

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Actually, koganam helped me out with a similar question that solved this problem, too. The solution was to do the rVol calculation in the indicator and then display it as a text item on bottom right of the chart.

Comment

Thanks for lettings us know that koganam was able to assist you with this thread as well.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elderan, Yesterday, 08:03 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes