MBT disconnects from order server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBT disconnects from order server

Will NJT automatically re-connect to MBT after being disconnected from the order server? Last night I got disconnected and had to re-start NJT before re-connecting manually.

Hi,

NinjaTrader always tries to re-connect a few times after being disconnected. However, if the connection can't be established within these few tries, it will stay disconnected.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do you know what the parameters for re-connecting are? How many attempts over what time period etc?
      Also, after it fails to re-connect why must I shutdown and re-start njt in order to re-connect manually?

Comment

It does so until it succeeds, I'm always getting disconnected around 5pm. and 1 or 2am est. This is due to rollover on MBT FX.

The annoying thing it also steals the focus from other applications, there was a request once to be able to make this behavior optional.
        I'd cast my vote for this feature as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollins View Post
          It does so until it succeeds, I'm always getting disconnected around 5pm. and 1 or 2am est. This is due to rollover on MBT FX.

The annoying thing it also steals the focus from other applications, there was a request once to be able to make this behavior optional.
          I'd cast my vote for this feature as well.
          Not with 6.5.04 it doesn"t I get "MB Trading: You must restart NinjaTrader in order to re-connect to a MB Trading based account.(Panic)"

Comment

Hi,

NinjaTrader will try to re-connect 3 to 4 times in a timespan of 30 seconds to 2 minutes. After it fails to re-connect, you will have to restart NinjaTrader to connect with MBTrading, this is as expected.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dtf139 View Post
              Not with 6.5.04 it doesn"t I get "MB Trading: You must restart NinjaTrader in order to re-connect to a MB Trading based account.(Panic)"
              Oh I never experienced that, every day I something learn something new .
              It usually connects for a few seconds than drops the connection again, repeating this a couple of times.

Comment

I noticed tonight that even if I connect to MBT and disconnect manually that it still requires me to shutdown and re-start NJT. Even without an error. This is expected behavior? Is this peculiar to MBT only or does it happen with other supported brokerages also?
                Last edited by dtf139; 01-08-2008, 03:50 AM.

Comment

If you are talking about the pop ups from MB Navigator, I always ignore them and have been doing so for more than a month.
                  When it comes to charting it makes no difference, trading I don't know.

Comment

You likely would need to restart NT do completely remove the MBT navigator code from memory.

Comment

So, is this a bug or not?
                      If it is not a bug could I request that it be looked at as something that could be improved upon for the next release.?

Comment

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do.

Comment

Could you program in the ability to send an email for either an order server or data server issue. In that way a text message can be sent to either a phone or pager.

Thanks
                          Don

Comment

Hi,

This is not possible. I will ask development if they can add it to the list of future considerations.

Vince
                            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vince,

I'm a developer myself, and I have written a couple of apps that use MBT SDK. I can tell you that my code doesn't have problems connecting/reconnecting to MBT. I do see disconnects from MBT servers as I log it, but I ALWAYS reconnect. What sucks about loosing connection to MBT from NT is that if it happens when I'm away from my PC, I loose the data in my charts and then when I restart it, I have huge gaps. Needless to say that backtesting on that data is useless. This would prevent me from running an automated strategy in NT with MBT.

I can share my code (C#) with your developers so that you can take care of reconnects. I think it would help everyone.

Regards,

Max

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Skifree
                              by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM