Saving workspace = no charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I suspect that you are shutting down NinjaTrader by right clicking on the NinjaTrader program group within the Windows Task Bar and selecting 'Close Window'. When NinjaTrader is shut down by Windows in this way the operating system will first close all open windows - NinjaTrader would then prompt you to save workspace changes. If workspace changes are saved at this point a blank workspace would be saved as Windows has already closed all other open windows.

To avoid this issue moving forward, shut NinjaTrader down using the File > Exit command within the Control Center.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am experiencing the exact same issue and it's a bit of a shame this hasn't been solved since this thread was started. Unless I'm missing something from another thread.

Please NT Support can you kindly fix this bug?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ZefiCLo View Post
        I am experiencing the exact same issue and it's a bit of a shame this hasn't been solved since this thread was started. Unless I'm missing something from another thread.

Please NT Support can you kindly fix this bug?

Thanks
        Are you using file->exit?

Comment

Hi

I'm using the 'save all' function recently on the exit button. As others have had a better experience with file and individual save I will attempt that from now on.

Still though it would be great if this was fixed once and for all as what is the point having a 'save all' function on clicking exit NT if it doesn't function as it should?

Thanks

Comment

I can't say I've had an issue with workspaces.. I might have had a corruption once.. but I've been good over last 5 years...

Are you dealing with several workspaces? I have my most current saved (named by ES mini contract quarter), 1 saved for most recent market replay, and the "untitled' one is always lurking.

There must be something common in your situation...

Comment

I've got one work space open with 4 charts and 4 Jigsaw DOMs that I have up. It's just annoying that I lose all my references that I make on my DOMs and having to re enter them.

Really strange, however it does seem to be a common issue in NT by the look of things with other users comments.

Thanks for your thoughts

Comment

same here +

Hello,
                I have the same issue and tried several of the suggestions here with mixed results. So far I am desappointed that I have to worry every time I open NT if my saved workspace will open or not, (missing the levels and notes I made previous days is a pain becasue I have to re-do the work again and again).

In addition I use two screens at home and when on the go, NT does not seems to read that when I log in only with the laptop the charts are all missing in the ether of a second screen that is not plugged, and I can not bring charts to the laptop screen even if I see them on the taskbar.

Any suggestions to have more consistent charting for both situations above?
                Many thanks
                Fran

Comment

Hello Fran,

Provided that you shut NinjaTrader down via the File > Exit command which you will find in the Control Center window settings from your workspace should not be lost when NinjaTrader is restarted.

If, on the other hand, you shut NinjaTrader down by right clicking on the NinjaTrader program group in the Windows Taskbar (near the bottom of the monitor) and select 'Close all Windows' settings can be lost. This is due to the fact that Windows will close all open windows before NinjaTrader prompts you to save your settings. If you save changes to the workspace in this state it would essentially write over the existing settings with a blank copy of the workspace.

In terms of your other question, NinjaTrader does not include logic to determine how many monitors are connected to a PC. As a result, some windows can appear off screen when monitors are removed from the setup. These windows can be brought to the main monitor by taking the following steps:
                  • In the NinjaTrader program group that resides in the Windows Taskbar near the bottom of your monitor, right click on a missing window then select the Move option.
                  • Next click the left arrow key on your keyboard and the window will snap to the position of your mouse cursor allowing you to move the window anywhere you would like.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes