Connection error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection error?

I keep getting this error when connecting.

4/2/2012 5:30:58 AM Default CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: The metadata for F.US.EU6.H11 has an invalid ContractNumber. Please contact Customer Service.

Hello Handycraft,

The error indicates you have the 6E 03-12 selected in NinjaTrader. Please select the 6E 06-12 instead to solve the error.

If you did not rollover the 6E to the 06-12 expiry month yet, please see the step by step instructions at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      I have multiple broker version.Zen Fire is working fine but I can't connect to Trading Technologies.My NT version is 7.0.1000.7(Multi-Broker Live).Thank you.

Comment

Hello Jurase,

Can you please install our latest version (7.0.1000.9). It contains fixes and enhancements compared to the old version. You can download and install the latest version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed when you install the new version.

If you still cannot connect, please tell me what happens when you try to connect - do you experience an error? If so, please tell me what the error message states.

In addition, could you please create a new thread the next time instead of posting in an unrelated existing thread.

Comment

I apologize for posting on this thread.
          I installed latest version (7.0.1000.9) and restarted NT.Zen Fire is connecting fine but still the same problem with Trading Technologies.No error messages. Just Connecting Trading Technologies in Control Center.Thank you.

Comment

Hello Jurase,

Can you please check if all TT connection information is entered properly. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections. Highlight your TT connection and click Change. Check all information and finish the connection.

If the issue remains, please send me your Config.xml file so I can test your TT connection. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put 'Attn Jason, Connection error?' in the subject field. You can find the Config.xml file at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello Handycraft,

The error indicates you have the 6E 03-12 selected in NinjaTrader. Please select the 6E 06-12 instead to solve the error.

If you did not rollover the 6E to the 06-12 expiry month yet, please see the step by step instructions at the link below.
              http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...es_contrac.htm
              Actually, I don't have 6E 03-12 selected. It isn't even in my instrument list.

Comment

Hello Handycraft,

Could it be selected in a workspace opened in the background? Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without a checkmark and check if it contains the 6E 03-12.

Comment

Hello Handycraft,

Could it be selected in a workspace opened in the background? Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without a checkmark and check if it contains the 6E 03-12.
                  I don't have any other workspaces running in the background. I even just restarted NT after experiencing a brief 'connection lost' and the same error appeared in the log on opening and reconnection.

Comment

Does the error message affect NinjaTrader in any way?

Could it be you have the 6E 03-12 selected in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Try the following. Exit NinjaTrader and go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces. Transfer the entire content to a temporary different location. Start NinjaTrader and check if the error remains. NinjaTrader will now open without your workspaces.

Subsequently exit NinjaTrader and transfer back the content of the workspaces folder.

Comment

Does the error message affect NinjaTrader in any way?

Could it be you have the 6E 03-12 selected in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Try the following. Exit NinjaTrader and go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces. Transfer the entire content to a temporary different location. Start NinjaTrader and check if the error remains. NinjaTrader will now open without your workspaces.

Subsequently exit NinjaTrader and transfer back the content of the workspaces folder.
                      Jason...You're Good!! thats exactly where it was. I never pay any attention to the orders tab since I do all my orders right on the chart. And no, I didn't notice any adverse effects from this error as far as how the NT functions.

Comment

Good to see we found the cause of the error.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jculp
                        by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM